• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

what is this unusual pepper?

picked this pod off a plant in front of a popular restaurant here in abq..nobody working there knew what it was..has virtually no heat..

DSCN6488.jpg
DSCN6489.jpg

megahot said:
Probably an Aleppo. Thats what most of mine look like
Heres one of my unripe Aleppos

My aleppos look(ed) nothing like that, been growing em for a couple years now.  Mine look more like corno di toro or longer semi blunt nosed bells.  Like this.

The pics the OP put up look mostly like shishito as Brocoli said or quatro milpas as HL suggested.

edit: your peppers could grow into what I linked to, but the OP pics were ripe red at that smaller size.  the aleppos I've had are considerably larger.

megahot said:
Probably an Aleppo. Thats what most of mine look like
Heres one of my unripe Aleppos
I am growing 2 aleppo plants out from Judy and one looks like this

SmokenFire said:

My aleppos look(ed) nothing like that, been growing em for a couple years now.  Mine look more like corno di toro or longer semi blunt nosed bells.  Like this.

The pics the OP put up look mostly like shishito as Brocoli said or quatro milpas as HL suggested.

edit: your peppers could grow into what I linked to, but the OP pics were ripe red at that smaller size.  the aleppos I've had are considerably larger.
And the other one looks like this.

The Hot Pepper said:
Does look like shisito. Do they serve a shishito app? Maybe someone threw the seeds there.

no, no shishito anything..it's straight up new mexican cuisine..maybe the owners dig exotic peppers outside of the green chiles they grow there
hell, maybe they're members of 'THP' and got shishito seeds from one of y'all! :surprised:

Back