what is this?

BigB said:

so i cleaned them off and broke them open. it looked kinda bloody, almost brown/burgundy liquid
it is as everyone i think said....scales. you will see black soot on the leaves soon too. You can get stuff to spray them and you might want to consider if you cant get rid of them cutting off the effected limbs if it is really bad and try to prevent it from spreading. i hope you didn't taste it that part was a joke lol.

lol i've eaten some unusual things before, but that's not on the list. THere's nothing left on the fig, but I might have to cut down my orange banana tomato that's affected. Luckily that one isn't a cherry tomato and isn't really producing much this late in the season down here in miami

My ladybugs i got a year or so ago have been doing a decent job with the aphids and white flies, but these scales were definitely a first. Like I said, ants all over them, not sure why. they don't seem to be doing damage, but I'll try to spray them off with my water pressure bug spray nozzle and then try some pesticide if necessary 

Good luck BigB hate losing plants. Had 4 heirloom tomato plants give up the ghost. Local company mosquito spraying think it did them in.

it's all good. sorry to hear about your plants. for some reason the tomatoes were getting weird brown blotches on them anyways at the bottom. then they just disappeared altogether  :eh: Maybe an iguana got to them. It's still growing decently at the end of the vine, but yea. i guess it could be time. I'm pleasantly surprised the others are still producing this late in the season. It's a bit hot and late down here for tomato pollen to still be viable and to have flowers set. I'm surprised the other cherry's are still producing 

BigB said:
it's all good. sorry to hear about your plants. for some reason the tomatoes were getting weird brown blotches on them anyways at the bottom. then they just disappeared altogether  :eh: Maybe an iguana got to them. It's still growing decently at the end of the vine, but yea. i guess it could be time. I'm pleasantly surprised the others are still producing this late in the season. It's a bit hot and late down here for tomato pollen to still be viable and to have flowers set. I'm surprised the other cherry's are still producing 
Tomatoes - Blossom end rot.  

well that's definitely it. though it's weird because i have 2 tomatoes in the same bin and only the plum tomato does that

Back