• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant What is this?

20220714_122326.jpg

Given the internode length, I'd say your ripening time has more to do with light than variety. The shape and upright nature remind me a lot of Filius Blue, which is hot.. Or less so, like Pretty-n-Sweet, which has a different spread of colors. I doubt it's either of those. There's a couple NuMex varieties that look like that too, but I haven't grown them to be familiar enough to say..

Got any better shots of the calyx and connection? Or the flowers, in bloom? I'm no expert but what I'm seeing doesn't look very Chinense to me.

Its not green. The calyx is dark, brown-black. The chili is sweet n crunchy with slight burn 🔥. Not too hot, but sweet. Thanks for answering. The light might be right.

Given the internode length, I'd say your ripening time has more to do with light than variety. The shape and upright nature remind me a lot of Filius Blue, which is hot.. Or less so, like Pretty-n-Sweet, which has a different spread of colors. I doubt it's either of those. There's a couple NuMex varieties that look like that too, but I haven't grown them to be familiar enough to say..

Got any better shots of the calyx and connection? Or the flowers, in bloom? I'm no expert but what I'm seeing doesn't look very Chinense to me.
I think you're correct with Filius Bleu. I am guessing it has crossed something. Or with something. It's not exactly the same, but close.

One thing about all the Filius Blue I've grown is the flowers are usually solid purple, with this one exception I have this year.. Which could also be a hybrid. I'd agree with there being just a slight burn and a crunchy texture..

I'm sure there are many variations of this type of pepper around, they are very easy on the eyes!

These are from seed of Filius Blue grown next to Pretty-n-Sweet.. Because I'd love to have them be sweeter.
Typical petal color..

20220722_171200.jpg

20220722_171138.jpg

My one exception.. Which I will be saving seed from. I don't know how much variation there is with the petal colors, but all the ones I've grown were hues of solid purple, except this one.
20220725_181849.jpg

Back