• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is with my Peppers?

I found this in my peppers Yesterday now its getting worst and the (what ever it is) is getting bigger and squishy what is this?
40a42ebe.jpg

Yes it is going to or already is rotting from bacterial attack but the initial color and location suggests sun scald started it all. Either way, it does no good to leave the pepper on the plant, but since the plant is in a container you might seek a less sunny area for it or if it has to stay where it is, something over it to shade it from afternoon sun.

Well, there are certain pests that can cause that as well...

We have a stink bug with a mouth like a straw that injects an enzyme that causes the fruit to start rotting, in then pulls the wrotten fruit goo and juice back out... fruit that are bitten look like that... big white patches, and premature spoilage are both symptoms... looks kinda like a soldier bug, but is slightly longer and thinner. The nymphs look almost the same as well, except white spots on their red legs... might be confused for an ant.

Being that it starts at the top makes me thing sunburn started it and then infection set in.

Toss them in the compost pile!

The bugs I spoke of inject at the top, and suck out from the bottom... Usually one side is more wrotten than the other... maybe its just a florida bug... but its evil

Back