• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What is wrong with this plant?

Most of it's leaves are droopy and spotted. It's been like this for quite a while.

DSC00461-1.jpg

DSC00463-1.jpg

+1 on overfertilizing
Maybe a little bit sunburn, too.
Is it in a poly-greenhouse in a black pot? The leafes may wilt because of the heat. Mine were doing the same, almost died, and after plantout they recovered. You can check the wilting thing with bringing it to a cooler place, and by giving her some water.

It was wilting before it got put outside and before it started getting spots. I was watering it a lot because of the wilt(which I found out that it wasn't caused by lack of water because I overwatered it a ton and it was still wilted...lol) and for a while I was accidentally overwatering it with the water that had fert in it. The green house does get a little hot and things dry out fast in it, but most of the plants are fine as long as the door is wide open. The first night I made the mistake of zipping the door shut overnight and in the morning it was a sauna in there and all of the plants looked wilted and awful. My mom bought the greenhouse thing to put them in because she doesn't want them in the ground.

The fertilizer used was jobes organic water [url="http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12704910&CAWELAID=1232811578]this kind[/url] used according to directions if it helps. Also this plant was from ajijoe's mixed seeds, so I don't know what kind it is. I also have a purpley leaved pepper plant from those seeds that was also wilting before being brought outside, but it isn't drooping as bad and doesn't have spots.

Usually if they start turning purple they are putting on a sunblock for themselves. I'm gonna say too much sun and overwatering, and too much fert. You have to introduce them to it slowly. I like 1/4 strength with any nutes/ferts the first time and work up to full strength.

At least now I know about the fert. Thankfully, most of them survived full strength fertilizer without a scratch.

Back