What is your failsafe beer?

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
When you don't want to experiment, and you don't see anything good, what beer do you fall back on (that is readily available)? For me it's Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Drink a lot of it!

been on a burbon and coke alot lately beer wise i know i know alot will say bad things but i like corona thats my i look around dont see anything i like.....give me a corona.

bubbaschili said:
been on a burbon and coke alot lately beer wise i know i know alot will say bad things but i like corona thats my i look around dont see anything i like.....give me a corona.

If you're going for cheap Mexican beer, try Tecate out. It's not too bad.
Personally, if i have a Corona, i can't stand it when they put a lime in the thing(especially if i say "NO LIME", which is all the time).
I wanna taste the beer, dammit!

Ah, now, see, I thought the question meant "when at home". If I'm in a bar, the corona's fine if I feel like lager.

Hmmm, the entire premise to this thread was a 'failsafe' beer, meaning all other resources have expired. Therefore, it would have to be the worst swill you would consider imbibing.

I have what we call down here "shop beer", which is the cheapest beer that can be drank(and kept down) while working in our fabrication and custom paint shop. It's actually called "Natural Light", though it hardly qualifies as beer. It's more like mop water that gets ya buzzed.
You don't want to be drinking something really potent and using grinders and other metal working equipment....unless you really want to be short an extremity or two

Sickmont said:
I have what we call down here "shop beer", which is the cheapest beer that can be drank(and kept down) while working in our fabrication and custom paint shop. It's actually called "Natural Light", though it hardly qualifies as beer. It's more like mop water that gets ya buzzed.
You don't want to be drinking something really potent and using grinders and other metal working equipment....unless you really want to be short an extremity or two

Oh c'mon, extremities are over-rated! LOL!

imaguitargod said:
Oh god, not Natty Light..... ;)

I usually go for Pyramid (aka the illuminati beer), Newcastle, or a Bass.

Well, i can't get Olympia here, so that'll have to suffice

Oh, and when you're inbetween paychecks(because custom paint work is definitely not a consistent paycheck!), a five spot will get ya a twelver of that crap here

Sickmont said:
Well, i can't get Olympia here, so that'll have to suffice

Oh, and when you're inbetween paychecks(because custom paint work is definitely not a consistent paycheck!), a five spot will get ya a twelver of that crap here

Oly... I didn't think they still made that crap.. I try to stay out of that aisle at the store..

As a failsafe I will get a Becks, most restaurants carry it and most German beer is good.

Worst beers ever: Kestrel Super and TEnnants Super (the band Mudhoney's UK beverage of choice). They're like treacle and about 10%

Back