What is your failsafe beer?

If I'm just grabbing something, I'll get Miller Genuine Draft. Probably the only domestic mass produced beer that my pallatte will tolerate. If Rolling Rock is on special, I'll get that too.

Most of the time, it's Santa Fe Pale Ale. It's brewed about 30 miles from me and it's got to be the best Pale I've ever had.

DevilDuck said:
If I'm just grabbing something, I'll get Miller Genuine Draft. Probably the only domestic mass produced beer that my pallatte will tolerate. If Rolling Rock is on special, I'll get that too.

Most of the time, it's Santa Fe Pale Ale. It's brewed about 30 miles from me and it's got to be the best Pale I've ever had.

very cool! always support your local brewery :onfire:

We are quite lucky here...lots of microbreweries. If I don't have any homebrew, I will take my jugs down and get something there. When I'm at my favorite pub: Guinness. When I'm at the dive bar...Bud light $1 drafts.

At home when I'm just "thirsty" it's something Mexican or German like Dos Equis, Tecati, Spatten, Bittberger or Warsteiner...etc.

If I'm in a dive bar and all they have is domestic swill, I'll go for a Lone Star or Pearl...or PBR if I'm outside of Texas.

Lone Star! LOL!
When I lived in East Tejas, there was a bar...make that "club" than only served Lone Star!

Can't go wrong with a Sam Adams. Probably the best semi-macro out there.

I also will go for a Yuengling, it's tasty and it's local (same state at least)

I am lucky enough to live in Pennsylvania, so the list of readily available locally brewed beers is quite nice.
Victory, Penn, two local brewpubs here always brew up a nice bunch of beers.

Back