What kind is fast moving slider is this

I Was looking over my plants today and saw this little guy on top of a leaf. When I moved closer he spun around quickly like he was looking at me ? It was very quick and Ive never seen anything like this one. Anyone know what it is and is it a bad one ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2D47B38C-2914-41F0-AAFA-B534F851843A.jpeg
    2D47B38C-2914-41F0-AAFA-B534F851843A.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 102
solid7 said:
There's literally no such thing as a bad spider.  This should never be a question. ;)

I was bitten by a black widow when I was a teenager.  Made me very sick.  That was a bad spider.  And after it bit me it made a bad black and red spider greasy spot after I stomped it!  No question about it.  

Tybo said:

I was bitten by a black widow when I was a teenager.  Made me very sick.  That was a bad spider.  And after it bit me it made a bad black and red spider greasy spot after I stomped it!  No question about it.  

I had a coworker who - somehow - managed to get himself bitten on 3 separate times by a black widow.  First time, he was hospitalized, and said that it felt like he was having a contraction in his lower back, while having the feeling of being twisted at his waist.  Second time, he said it was painful, but manageable.  Third time, he said it was barely even noticeable. Didn't even get treated.
But I maintain, there are no bad spiders.  "Bad" is not applicable to anything in the natural world.  There are just some things that should be avoided.  Those black widow spiders eat a variety of things.  The short list: ants, caterpillars, grasshoppers, beetles, cockroaches and scorpions. All of these things are exactly what we don't want in our gardens.  So, where there are black widow spiders, there is also food for black widow spiders. 

Back