• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What kind of pepper are the green thin curly types

found in most supermarkets? I can't seem to find anything on the Net identifying what type of pepper they actually are. I'll try to get a pic but they are carried in every supermarket around her, are sold green, are mildly hot by our standards.... They are not skinny but not fat, longish, curl at the tip, and if you dry them they turn orange.

Anyone? TIA.

pictures! thats pretty vague.

you can also search this website for ideas as to what it might be, they have a great search engine.

www.chileplants.com

also they're local, is if you didnt know about them you might want to hit them up for some plants this growing season, try some new & different chiles to you.

i've seen them called Italian long hots locally. Since we're both Jersey, i'd say they're likely to be same ones. Lonnnnnng and bumpy and curly kind of? that'd be the ones.
longhotpeppers27rh.jpg

italian-roaster-0381.jpg

I don't have anything to contribute on IDing these but I just had to say they're freaking beautiful. Damn.

patrick said:
I don't have anything to contribute on IDing these but I just had to say they're freaking beautiful. Damn.
they are, but they could be a lot hotter IMO. they never let them ripen before they ship to the markets. :(

fineexampl said:
they are, but they could be a lot hotter IMO. they never let them ripen before they ship to the markets. :(

Those are they. They would turn red if allowed to ripen. Anyone know the exact pepper that they are?? They can get hot, but without knowing the proper pepper type how to compare them to others? I routinely chop them up with habs and put them in my eggs and stuff.

fineexampl said:

I read that unripe hot peppers are hotter than ripe ones...

Back