• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

What kind of pepper/pepper plant does this look like to you?

IMAG3288_zpsa0b316d9.jpg

It's supposed to be a Serrano...but from what I know of Serranos it sure doesn't look like one!

This one is obviously a Jalapeno...or is it?

IMAG3287_zps45bb055b.jpg

I'm starting to doubt the way I labelled my pots :rofl:

Yes, first one is a bell pepper, second picture seems a cayenne.

Something similar happened to me with Jalapeno too.
I had a plant clearly labelled Jalapeno, then pods started to look like in the picture,
Soon as it was ripe I tasted and it was cayenne.
As I had no intention of growing cayennes back then, most probably I mixed seeds up.

So clearly there was some mislabelling going on!

Too bad, I can't figure out which ones are serranos now.  I wonder if my wife swapped out some Bells with my serranos on purpose!

I'm only growing Habaneros, Jalapenos and Serranos...and my wife had some bell peppers she wanted.  Looks like we'll be getting more bells than expected!

Seems to be a Bell up top. The next looks a bit squat for a cayanne. Based on what you've planted, I think it's a seranno over the jalapeno. Though both the jalepeno and serrano usually are more blunt not as pointed. If I keep looking at it, I start to change my mind!  :confused:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=serrano&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=YbCOkmNSl5Ma4M&tbnid=VUdgCm-HftQlHM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffarmsourceca.com%2Fserrano-chili-pepper%2F&ei=shG8U9yyDs-WyASBm4GoCg&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNHoaaE_NlbK4xiU6Ctj-fmyutr_xw&ust=1404920606171744

I colour-coded my pots when planting...and had them in order of mild to hot.  SO, the beige pots were supposed to be Jalapeno, the brown/grey ones Serrano and the dark red ones Habanero.

Now I've somehow got Bells where my Serranos are supposed to be, potentially serranos where my jalapenos should be....and I have no idea what's going to come up in my Habanero pots.  Most likely Microwaves or Brass Hammers.

Back