• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What kind of superhots?

I posted this in my Glog already, but thought I might get a better response here.

I picked up these at the grocery store, the bottom ones are ghosts, but what are the others?

Brainstrain? Morouga? 7-pod?

The reds feels very light and thin skinned, but the yellow is quite heavy, if that helps...

14574055802_13acc82de0_h_d.jpg

the nature fresh farms website only lists these hot peppers, trinidad scorpion, ghost, scotch bonnet, spanish chili, pencil hot, and shishito.  i think it is safe to say you dont have the pencil hots, shishito or the spanish chili. that leaves you with ghost, scorpion and scotch bonnet in my opinion any way

magicpepper said:
the nature fresh farms website only lists these hot peppers, trinidad scorpion, ghost, scotch bonnet, spanish chili, pencil hot, and shishito.  i think it is safe to say you dont have the pencil hots, shishito or the spanish chili. that leaves you with ghost, scorpion and scotch bonnet in my opinion any way

That makes sense to me! The yellow looks like like pictures I've seen of the MOA Scotch bonnets. I guess a couple of the reds are scorpions and a couple may be red scotch bonnets?

Rymerpt said:
That's even better than what I found inhe store the other day. Nice score!
Let's call it even ;)

That looks cool.  Enjoy tasting them.  If you don't mind, was it a large supermarket, or local one as I would like to look here in Manitoba for that awesome looking package of peppers.  Thank you, and sorry for hijacking asking the question.

ChiliNoob said:
I posted this in my Glog already, but thought I might get a better response here.

I picked up these at the grocery store, the bottom ones are ghosts, but what are the others?

Brainstrain? Morouga? 7-pod?

The reds feels very light and thin skinned, but the yellow is quite heavy, if that helps...

What did you pay for an assortment like that from the market?

obchili said:
That looks cool.  Enjoy tasting them.  If you don't mind, was it a large supermarket, or local one as I would like to look here in Manitoba for that awesome looking package of peppers.  Thank you, and sorry for hijacking asking the question.
No problem obchili. It was from Foodland - I'm not sure if you have one in MB.

dday said:

What did you pay for an assortment like that from the market?
I think it was $3.99.

wow that is a great deal, i didnt see them at foodland, ill have to check there more often. i have only been able to find scorpions and ghosts at loblaws and they want 5.99 for 6 pods lol.   foodland here i come

Just added 3/4 of a scorpion to my salsa, from the Nature fresh farms variety pack of super hots.  Mmmmm, love it.  Eating my Tostitos & salsa with a towel around my neck for the sweat!!!  In general, I find that the peppers that have the "bumpy," and "odd" surface texture on the skin surface, seems to indicate potent scoville units.  The smoother the skin surface, the less heat I find.  I also find that the hotter the pepper, the more of that "unique" flavour you get.  It's almost a "perfumy" taste.  As soon as you taste it, you know there's going to be some pain (good pain).

Back