• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What kind wild or domesticaded peppers come out from Brazil lately

Did any one now what kind new peppers variety come out from Brazil lately & wich ones are the best in class?:shocked:

My friend in Brazil is going to send me some seeds of a new hot pepper he found called Pimenta Baiana Forte. I think it means from the state of Baiana. Apparently its a cherry shape/color and very hot but he doesn't know what species.
It may be like the plant Jukka's growing this year called Biana(C.chinense) but I don't know for sure.
http://www.fatalii.net/chile/?u=g&word=Baiana+(C.+chinense)

Nope it ain't that one POTAWIE,Baiana is definetly not that,Be careful with some Brazilian names as some have regional names and confuse the issue :P

talas said:
Nope it ain't that one POTAWIE,Baiana is definetly not that,Be careful with some Brazilian names as some have regional names and confuse the issue :lol:
Baiana is the name of a place so there are probably more than 1 variety with that name, and I know Jukka is no fool. The seeds my friend is sending are called Pimenta Baiana forte.
Here's a pic

Who said Jukka was a fool? No buddy just saying i would doubt its the same one as the word `strong is used` and ive spoke to someone from there and they grow the Baiana and it is a c.chinese so actually it might be the same one lol he calls it strong heart..I
have some seeds if you need any Baiana or what he calls it Coração forte :lol:

Back