• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense What Naga's are you growing in 2023 ......?

Hi Guy's

Who's growing Naga's this year ? And what varieties ?

Last season for the first time I grew Dorset Naga and Bengle Naga both from seaspring seeds (Dorset uk) I was greatly impressed by both I found the Bengle super fruity :halo: but love both !

My 2023 Naga grow list :

Dorset Naga (over wintered)
Dorset Naga (self saved seed)
Bengle Naga
Black king Naga
Burmese Naga

I might add more Naga in 2024 .......depends how 2023 goes suggestions welcome πŸ€” what's your favourite?

Stephen

Well, shoot. I put some Dorset Naga to germinate recently due in no small part to your recent posts :) I got seeds from seaspring seeds years back after reading an article about how he'd developed it for better success in a climate similar to my own. It's done very well for me when I've grown it, which I haven't done for several years. My seeds were older - and fewer - than I'd thought, so I planted some seeds for a favorite red bhut jolokiaat too in case the DN seeds let me down.

The only "pure" Ghost-type of peppers I'm growing this year are Bih Jolokia caramel and Bih Jolokia black. The caramel is very productive and makes a delicous powder. The black should be similar according to Justin at WHP.

Well, shoot. I put some Dorset Naga to germinate recently due in no small part to your recent posts :) I got seeds from seaspring seeds years back after reading an article about how he'd developed it for better success in a climate similar to my own.

DN also did well in my tropical climate.

The only "pure" Ghost-type of peppers I'm growing this year are Bih Jolokia caramel and Bih Jolokia black. The caramel is very productive and makes a delicous powder.

Bih caramel was very productive here...

Hi Guy's

I love Naga's they are the "first" super hot I've grown they seem vigorous, prolific and delicious πŸ˜‹

However I've never grown any other super hot although this year I've got 7 pot Jonah and 7 pot Douglah and Fatalii gourmet jigsaw.......it will be interesting to compare which are the most productive and least hassle .......πŸ€” we Iive and hopefully learn......

At present I'm seeing it hard to look past Naga's if ones wants to grow productive superhots 😎 but like I've already said i have no other experience to judge against..........

Here's my current 2023 Naga's in my Scottish greenhouse..............

20230411_163117.jpg

Dorset Naga 5 litre pot self saved seed from seaspring seeds plant I grew last year and over wintered and still have 😎 note the wee beetle larvae on patrol.

20230411_163151.jpg

Bengle Naga 5 litre pot.............

20230411_163327.jpg

Black King Naga in 5 litre pot this little fella is a few months younger than the first two and is growing like a beast ! And catching up nicely πŸ‘Œ note it had an unwelcome visitor........
20230411_163423.jpg

Burmese Naga is the baby of the group in 1/2 litre pot I'm confident this little fella will catch up 🀞

How your Naga's doing ?

Stephen

I've got 3 Naganeros on the go and a chocolate Naga - first time growing them and I'm really pleased with how they're doing
My Bengal Naga is a no show but I may have another go at it soon.

I wanted to include a β€œstandard” BhΓΌt Jolokia and wound up choosing β€œBhut Jolokia Strain II”, which is described as an improved version of the variety tested and spread by the CPI.

I was not going to grow a "regular" ghost this year, but I changed my mind and germinated the same variety. Germination is sub-par so far (1/4), but they still have time.

Last edited:
Hi Guy's

My Dorset Naga I transferred to kratky hydroponics is doing nicely......my mouth is watering πŸ˜‹
20230713_134443.jpg

Two pod's growing nicely and loads of small one's and a gazillion flowers :party:

20230713_134501.jpg

My Black king naga pod's look very different ! Really looking forward to seeing how they turn out

20230713_135024.jpg

My later sown Burmese naga are flowering now can't wait to see what they look like reckon more like the Dorset ?

How's your Naga's ?

Stephen

Hi

I must say lve been "very" impressed by the Burmese Naga very late sown for me but really caught up decent sized pod's in a 5 litre pot.

Just waiting on ripe fruit to try πŸ€” 🀞

20230827_103837.jpg

Oh can't wait........pretty prolific too I can only imagine how it would do sown earlier and in kratky hydroponics 😁😎

Alot of potential in this variety..........

Stephen

Stephen

Back