What pepper do I want?

I've got my needs for super hots covered and I'm looking for a good sized hot pepper to grow for making stuffed peppers this coming season. I'm looking for a flavorful pepper with about twice the heat of a Jalapeno.

What would you experts suggest?

hottoddy said:
I like Aleppo. A bit like a smaller red bell, they rate on the higher end of the hottest jalapeños (appx 10-15k). Unlike rocotos, they produce peppers much faster.

I would also throw in Urfa Biber, its a great stuffing pepper.  I also dehydrate them for powder to put in recipes like chili and salsa, My wife can tolerate Jalapeno heat and nothing more.

hottoddy said:
I like Aleppo. A bit like a smaller red bell, they rate on the higher end of the hottest jalapeños (appx 10-15k). Unlike rocotos, they produce peppers much faster.
I have some seeds I need to germinate them. I completely forgot about this pepper.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be going to the nursery in April and I see they carry a few of the ones suggested. It'll be nice to try some new varieties as I've only ever grown habaneros so far..

Back