• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What pepper is this?

A friend of mine gave me some peppers, she didn't know the name of them. I was told they have been cross bred with other peppers over time so, some can be very hot and some not so hot. I had an orange one and 2 green ones. They had a good flavor but weren't very hot.... I'm drying them out and going to try to get some plants off the seeds. Just curious if anyone knows what strain they are or come from?

2011-03-08090827.jpg

like the way its changing colour :)
one of it looks like an annuum( the half red half green) but the others look different shape.
from the same plant ?

Looks like something along the line of a Serrano/Hab.....Are they thick or thin skinned? Juicy or dry? Seedy or not? The more info you give, the better the diagnosis from the pepper doctors! :dance:

I love mystery peppers!

Other than it likely being a C. annuum, its impossible to tell what it is especially if it known to be a cross

thats such a huge strange difference between pods. its like the pods have features of each main type of chiles & look like 4 different types.

could be a cross where its having different peppers coming out from part father and mother combination's :) hehe

The seeds were mostly off white but some appeared darker in color almost black and seedss were different sizes. The ripe chillis were somewhat juicy but were thin skined. seeds turned black when they dried. Im going to try getting some plants off the seeds maybe over time the heat levels will stablize? They kept telling me they were HOT. Either they dont know heat or i didnt get any hotties.

So the pods form vertical? Whatever it is, it's a good looking pod.

i still have some seeds if anyone wants to trade? i'm trying to germinate with the bag and cup method. i know it's late in season to be starting from seed but i'm still doing it.

Back