• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What peppers didn't grow well for you?

the only one that was bad was the 7 pod the others grew fine although never made a flower due to a wet spring the few that did flower produced well enough for this crapy climate up here.

The Bhut Jolokias from New Mexico State University Chili Institute (NMSU) produced 1 ripe pod outta 7 plants. I have 5 left and they just don't like tropical weather which is very strange for a strain that has originally come from India. NMSU must have done some real tweaking.

don't feel bad Philliperv...mine aren't doing good either...but they got sunscalded and were set back a couple of months...three plants with about 4 or 5 pods on them now...

If I listed all the peppers that did not meet even modest standards, the Internet Cops would arrest me for overuse of electrons.

Red Savina was very good, as was the Thai Dragons. Once again, the Hungarian Hot Wax gave me more than a dozen large peppers and the Bulgarian Carrot contributed lots of what became powder, as did the Anaheims. The Zimbabwe birds had dozens and dozens of pods, but they are obviously very small. A Fatali has finally grown lots of pods but they are not ripe yet.

Next year, except for some superhots I will overwinter and hopefully take to the County Fair in early August, all the plants will be in the ground instead of containers.

Nothing close to AJ's harvest, but more than enough for my needs.

Mike

i had a few problems with a few varieties drooping over but they all seemed to grow back, the most prblems i had was with my spray nozzles being twisted shut for most of the summer :O oops no water :).

The big loser for us this year has been a Numex -Big Jim-. Our other Anaheim TMR 23s have been real work horses and they are still at it even though our night time temps have been in 45 to 50 degree range for the past two weeks.

I had best ever production this year from Scotch Bonnet never in years I had that many pods like this year they repeatedly produce & Aji Yuquitania is producing very poor for me this year because it is second hand plant.

AlabamaJack said:
don't feel bad Philliperv...mine aren't doing good either...but they got sunscalded and were set back a couple of months...three plants with about 4 or 5 pods on them now...

You're still doing better than I am. :(

Scorpian did not do well for me. Although, the pepper plant is huge, the number of pods are very low and it took forever to ripen.
Other than that, I am happy with everything else.

Figure this,I had a friend pick up a Datil in St. Augustine,Still haven't gotten a flower out of it!Its still growing,I guess there is a chance...
Maybe a east coast plant.

Back