• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

what should i bring to college for hot stuff?

Ive always loved hot stuff i ate my first ghost chili pepper yesterday and it was a raw one too. Loved it although it was painful when it got to my stomach lol. But anyways im suppose to be going to college in about a month or so and i wanted to know what i should buy and bring. Im thinking about bringing dried ghost chili's and trinidad scorpions. No carolina reapers yet im building my tolerance up in my stomach.

But what about sauces whats good for sauces to bring? maybe some other stuff to! maybe i should bring some red savina or however you spell them

You can't really go wrong about dried peppers/powders. Pick any that sounds good ;)  If you don't know where to order from, I can highly recommend you Judy @ pepperlover.com!

The real question is; "What SHOULDN'T you bring?". Powders and dried pods will probably be your best bet for now since they keep a long time. Lots of great vendors on this site. I have personally purchased from Jason @ www.sicmanshotpeppersandpowders.com and gotten great products. Heard a lot of good stuff about www.pepperlover.com as well, but I have no first hand experience with her.

lots of beer.youre going to need it. its the only way you can be up at 3 in the morning and eat white castle
and some pure evil. 

with enough powders and flakes you can make sauces, dry spice blends.....all kinds of stuff. Id stock up on the dry goods! Ive not had but i hear sicman is a great source for those! I'm still working on my homegrown stuff but id hit him up!

and beer

I would suggest a combo of dried pods plus powders. As already noted, these things last the longest without taking room in a fridge. Likely you'll have a mini fridge in your room, though that's not 100% true of all dorms it is pretty common nowadays, whether they come with one or you have to bring/rent one. Over the longevity thing, powders take up the least amount of space and so are easy to haul to the dining hall and other places. However, dried pods can be rehydrated (in any number of liquid mediums) and you may have opportunity to use them like this. Also, if you run out of powder you can always just crush the dried pods. 

Agree with the above comment. Bring powder and dried pods that way you can have a wide variety of heat ranges and flavors. If you need more heat for a salsa/sauce then just add some powder.

CONDOMS. the last thing you want when your trying to study and eat superhots is a prego scare.
Wheres college or what state at least cause fresh pods will be rollin fat in sept.

hogleg said:
CONDOMS. the last thing you want when your trying to study and eat superhots is a prego scare.
Wheres college or what state at least cause fresh pods will be rollin fat in sept.
Boston area more downtown near fenway. They got the subways so it would only take a few minutes to take the subways around!

hotpepperboy21 said:
Boston area more downtown near fenway. They got the subways so it would only take a few minutes to take the subways around!
Can't remember whos growin in Mass. off hand. But the small flat rate box traumatic frenzy is about to kickoff any day now, and last through oct. at least. So get ur paypal and guts ready.

On a side note never eat superhots on an empty stomach, always have some padding for them to land on.

A fun way to collect sauces to take are local Chile Festivals in your area. It's a great way to meet folks and help support the passion! Sicman and PepperLover are my "go to" peeps when I need my fix - and I live clear across the country from them! :) Powders know no boundaries!!!!!! Have fun building your stash! 

hogleg said:
And if they are going to be rolling fat in september i will definitely have to get a nice fresh supply and keep them in the freezer at home. And come down home and get them and bring them to college, people will probably think im crazy but hey lol!

Back