• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

what sort of chilli is this????

can anyone put a name to this?? im stumped.:think:

i can tell you that the flesh is very mild like eating a bell pepper(capsicum) however the seed and white area is quite hot!!!

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

bishops hat...PI 497974 it also has many other names; Balloon, Pimenta Cambuci, Campane, Peri Peri, Ubatuba Cambuci, Aji Flor, Orchid, Christmas Bell and Bishops Crown to name a few all leads to mild pods which are especially good for stuffing if you don't want it too hot. Practically non pungent when used with foods. But still has same c.baccatum taste,The body of the pods have some detectable heat, but the wings are sweet and mild

the plant is standing about 1.8 metres across and has very little foliage but literally 100's of pods... i just dont know what to do with them... theyre a little too small to stuff and im out of ideas for what else to do with them... maybe a pasta sauce????

Could also be a 'Nepalese Bell', which could also be a Bishops Hat. Not sure. Looks similar to mine from last year. PL probably knows better.

the plant is standing about 1.8 metres across and has very little foliage but literally 100's of pods... i just dont know what to do with them... theyre a little too small to stuff and im out of ideas for what else to do with them... maybe a pasta sauce????

I had the same situation with my Brazilian Starfish last year, very thin foliage but literally 100's of pods. I never did figure out what to do with them as I did not like their flavor and they were pretty small. I ended up just leaving them on the plant because they were so pretty to look at.

I thought Bishops Hat when i saw it too: http://www.saveur.com/gallery/Chile-Pepper-Gallery/15

Where is the plant???

Back