• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

What sort of chilli is this ?

Got a random chilli from the local garden centre it has a label that says its a rajah chilli. I cant find any info about Rajah Chillis so what sort is it here is a photo.

ZYx5u.jpg

hi

the pic is not to clear and it is not mature yet so it may be hard to say what it is right now
it is an ANNUM but thats all i can tell you now
sorry
thanks your friend Joe

hi

the pic is not to clear and it is not mature yet so it may be hard to say what it is right now
it is an ANNUM but thats all i can tell you now
sorry
if its "Rajah" as they said it would be more like "RAJ MIRCH"

that be my guess?

thanks your friend Joe

RAJ MIRCH is that just a type of naga ? It doesnt look like a naga. There is no bumpy rough bits on any of them. I will get another shot other then when i get home from work.

Ok yeah an Indian name on the label and its an "Annuum" it might be Guntur Sannam ?

http://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1T4GGLG_enAU315AU315&q=Guntur+Sannam&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1152&bih=611&sei=rozETvS9LOzRmAWi_e2SCw

Unfortunately, at this point in time, the chances of identifying the plant as being anything other than an annuum is pretty much zero to none. Wait until the pod takes it's final shape, take some snaps and try again. ;)

And even then, as there are many Indian annuums that look similar, no guarantees you'll get a definitive answer....

RAJ MIRCH is that just a type of naga ? It doesnt look like a naga. There is no bumpy rough bits on any of them. I will get another shot other then when i get home from work.
ok thanks for the remider your right thats just another regional name for the naga

Yeah, I really don't think you'll get a definitive answer on this one.... there's just far too many long, cayenne-type looking annuums out there.

As you guessed before, it's possible it could be Sannam, but it's also possible it could be one of many other varieties!

Guntur_Sannam-3.jpg

Back