• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What sort of superhot is this?

I posted this in my glog but there haven't been any guesses so far.

HG0XS84.jpg

This is one of the plants that I overwintered and somewhere along the line the label went missing.  Last year I had obtained seeds for "Trinidad Moruga Scorpions" from 3 different vendors, at least one of which turned out to just be seeds for Red Savina Habaneros.  I have had some "true" scorpions come out of those seeds as well, but this one... well it doesn't really match to any of the named seeds that I planted last year.

In April I did try the first small/early pod from this plant and it was thermonuclear in heat, well beyond any habanero I've had and right up with with (or beyond) my bhuts.  I'm not a chile connoisseur but I would describe the burn as "all over, except for the lips, but mostly roof of the mouth and back of the throat".

The pods are wrinkly, some have a hint of a "tail", and the skin is not particularly bumpy like I get with my bhuts or the true scorpions.  They appear to be ripening to red and they don't look like a chocolate variant or a doughlah.

Could I have somehow gotten a Scorpion Butch-T seed mixed in?  Thoughts?  Guesses?

As requested:

YCf1VgO.jpg

6DBSmdC.jpg

7Aa9Qxt.jpg

1G9gV5U.jpg

vI3oDj6.jpg

As you can see, some of them have a "hint" of a tail, but not a well-defined one like a true scorpion.

There are not currently any blooms on the plant.  The leaves are a bit yellow due to the torrential downpours we've been having in Central Florida this past week.

While I defer to those with much more knowledge and experiience, all the Butch T I have grown have always had a distinct scorpion tail, unlike what your pictures show.

You've got to remember that those are all early season pods on that plant.  I've grown seeds of Butch T Scorpions from Butch T himself and they all didn't have distinctive tails.  Kinda twisted with some having true scorpion stingers and others with absolutely no stingers.  

Test it. If it is a Butch T, it will be like chewing a melting hot bottle of perfume. I grew them two years ago, and I'm pretty sure they were true, looked like this. Almost all of them had a pretty well defined pointy tail, some even turned around and pointed upwards. It is more like a "simple" Trinidad Scorpion to me, but I guess none of us can tell it for sure, from a photo. Burn time!

Back