• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What temp. CFL?

I've been searching and browsing the forums on this... What is the temp needed for growth and flowering? 6500k for growth and 2700k for flowering? I'm wondering because I already have those here. I don't see why they wouldn't work. But all replies are appreciated, as I have never grown peppers indoors.

By the way I plan on growing these soley indoors. MAYBE transplanting them outdoors later in the season, as its still wayyy early here.

Thanks.

Welcome from Cali!!
This is a awesome forum! I use 6500k and 3000k bulbs. 6x6500k 54watt 2x3000k 54 watt T5HO bulbs. I have been pretty successful in the one year i have been growing.

Last year, I used the 2700K for raising seedlings and was very happy with the results. But I had four 23 watt bulbs to light a 30"x34" area. Currently, I have some cukes and toms in a grow box and the bulb is 5000K. The cukes are setting and growing fruit, the tom is growing nicely (it still should have a week or two before blooms should appear).

Mike

Well When I start them from seeds, I'll run the 6500k and then switch to 2700k when I want them to flower/fruit, correct?

about how long do you want the peppers to grow before you flower them ?

And I seen people say 24/7 light, 18/6 light, anyone know whats best for strictly indoor growing?

I guess when the plants is big enough you should switch lights.
Dont think you can make a plant to flower. It will flower when he's ready.
Depending on how much lumen you have available they need 15-18 hours of light everyday.

MrOneEyedBoh said:
Well When I start them from seeds, I'll run the 6500k and then switch to 2700k when I want them to flower/fruit, correct?

about how long do you want the peppers to grow before you flower them ?

And I seen people say 24/7 light, 18/6 light, anyone know whats best for strictly indoor growing?

I beg to differ Lee :)

Reading online about CFL's I came across a Marijuana website that says to switch the bulbs when you want to force flowering... True? Not sure. but I guess Its a theory..

Well Marijuana will flower when you give em less light. And not by changing spectrum

MrOneEyedBoh said:
I beg to differ Lee :)

Reading online about CFL's I came across a Marijuana website that says to switch the bulbs when you want to force flowering... True? Not sure. but I guess Its a theory..

But must say plants need red light to flower/fruit. CFL's have 2 light peaks in the red zone and blue zone. Growlights have more blue and less red. Flowerlights have more red and less blue.

I've had the same questions as you have before I started indoors.
I would say when the plant is big enough, at least I did. And it worked out great for me :)

MrOneEyedBoh said:
yea I know about that :)

I have 2700k and 6500k lights. So when should I start to change the bulbs over to the 2700ks?

Thanks!

This pics shows you my plants at the time i switched to flowerlights. Actualy that was the last shot under growlights
Pic taken 10-29-08

MrOneEyedBoh said:
haha this is my first time at ALL with peppers.. whats a "big enough plant" ?

thanks Lee!

:lol: Do know about the inches
But yeah they where about 10-12 inches.

MrOneEyedBoh said:
so about 10 inches tall? ( not sure if you know inches so here is 25.4 centimeters )

Back