• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What the heck happened to my hab plants! HELP

Well they got too tall for my little green house. So I transplanted them into my dwc bucket last night at like midnight. Today at noon they look like they are dying!

Top view

g4aoG.jpg

side view

NvYAN.jpg

Second plant in the bucket

top view healthy comparison.

wQvRc.jpg

side view heathy comparison

HIJKQ.jpg

The setup

wb25h.jpg

It's plain water with 2 tsps root juice, and some apple cider vinegar to lower PH.

I'm planning on transplanting mine also tonight, was there much of a root on that seedling? I have heard about people cycling in there bucket water over the Hydroton until the roots are touching the bottom of the basket 2-4 times a day, so it does not dry out.

do you think the roots are close enough to the nutrient supply to hit it.

I'm really interested in where this topic is headed it might help me out also tonight.

I'm planning on transplanting mine also tonight, was there much of a root on that seedling? I have heard about people cycling in there bucket water over the Hydroton until the roots are touching the bottom of the basket 2-4 times a day, so it does not dry out.

do you think the roots are close enough to the nutrient supply to hit it.

I'm really interested in where this topic is headed it might help me out also tonight.

There were barely any roots. But they were filling my green house. I don't think it can be from lack of water or anything like that. It was only 12 hours from healthy to this.

no one knows what happened to it's leaves? It appears to be growing, and not getting any worse. Maybe it was just shock from transplanting it, and putting it under the lamps?

Did you test your PH in any way or did you just wing it? Its been a few years since I did hydro, but I would guess either your PH is too low or your nute solution is too concentrated. Im not familiar with root juice, but plants that small don't need much for nutrients. I usually waited for mine to grow a few true leaves before transplanting them.

Did you test your PH in any way or did you just wing it? Its been a few years since I did hydro, but I would guess either your PH is too low or your nute solution is too concentrated. Im not familiar with root juice, but plants that small don't need much for nutrients. I usually waited for mine to grow a few true leaves before transplanting them.

my ph is 6ish. between 5.9 and 6.1 I used cidar vinegar to lower the ph.

Are they growing just in those grow rocks (forgot name of them) or is there some other substrate under the top layer of rocks? I never had much success using just the rocks, probably because the gaps are too big and dry out the young roots. I always bought the little rockwool cubes and sowed my seeds in them and then put the grow rocks on top. I guess that doesnt help you much now, but I would just dilute your nutes more then re-adjust the PH and hope for the best. Also maybe watering from the top with PH adjusted water would be a good idea until the roots can reach your water level.

Are they growing just in those grow rocks (forgot name of them) or is there some other substrate under the top layer of rocks? I never had much success using just the rocks, probably because the gaps are too big and dry out the young roots. I always bought the little rockwool cubes and sowed my seeds in them and then put the grow rocks on top. I guess that doesnt help you much now, but I would just dilute your nutes more then re-adjust the PH and hope for the best. Also maybe watering from the top with PH adjusted water would be a good idea until the roots can reach your water level.

yeah there is rockwool in there. The PH should be about 6 right?

6-6.5, you should be fine if its not getting worse, id just top water them for a bit with plain PH adjusted water, I'd aim for a final PH of 6.2

Back