• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What the???????

So I get home today and find this growing where I planted chocolate bhuts. Should I yank it? Everything in my gut and heart tells me this is not a pepper of any kind...

8604736608_1b689feb1b_b.jpg

Looks like a giant redwood tree. In California you can't touch them, you got to let them grow. Best leave it alone until you're sure.What's your grow media made from?

lol.... well, I don't have any giant redwoods anywhere near here. The grow medium is MG potting mix. But yeah, it looks like a tree sprout to me too. Had some hellacious seeding going on with the wind blowing a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing that a tree seed made it in there last time I took my seedlings out for a field trip. I'm yanking it.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a pepper with some crazy traits before I yanked it.

Yeah, yank it. Even bags of soil sometimes have random seeds in them. That's definitely not a pepper start.

its not a pepper!!!!! if you want to find out what it is let it grow. more than likely just a clover type weed??

Its an imposter! lookin all greeen and cute and sheeit.

put it in one of those topsyturvey thingamajiggs, you might could grow some upside down corn or some such...

I just finished yankin' it.... now it's time to pull up that imposter... oh.,.... wait... Maybe I took things too literally

Back