• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds what to do next with sprouted seeds?

Hi guys,

I have three varieties seeds that sprouted a few days back, at this stage what should I do or need to do next for these babies?

1. Fatalities
14ybf2a.jpg

2. Tabasco
2603h52.jpg

3. African Devil bird eye, (the four seeds located on the very top
34osiop.jpg

please feel free to educate me. thanks all.

Also, I'm looking for B Jolokia seeds. If there is anyone would like to share some or sell some please let me know. I purchased more than $10worth of B Jolokia seeds from those websites and only 2 seeds sprouted of all, the rest went to hell for good.

The ones with the seed caps off you can put into a good seedling soil n under lights. The others i would wait until the seed cap comes off just keep it moist and humid in there the seed cap comes off alot easier.

If you where to plant them in potting soil with the caps still on u can plant the stem n leave the cap above the soil line but it has to be in a chinese plastic container and keep the humidity in there as well. The 1st way is easier...

The ones with the seed caps off you can put into a good seedling soil n under lights. The others i would wait until the seed cap comes off just keep it moist and humid in there the seed cap comes off alot easier

Thanks.

From the pictures, does it looks like I added too much water in there?

Fataliti, Tabasco, and African Devil ordered from worldofchillies.com. B Jolokia from Pepper Joe's and Johnny seeds. Not too happy

As long as the seeds arent floating around u will be fine. Also if u get a spray bottle n some warm water you can mist the water in there when needed but great job on germinating those seeds

From my iphone it looks fine

Time to grab soil and get to planting I count at least 20 per container that I would plant. The Fatalli are great and love this humid time so they need to get to soil asap :D The other 2 I don't have experience with.

Time to grab soil and get to planting I count at least 20 per container that I would plant. The Fatalli are great and love this humid time so they need to get to soil asap :D The other 2 I don't have experience with.

haha...I'm too afraid to touch..thinking about not being gentle enough to take them out.

Oh..on that note..some of the sprouted seeds, their root penetrated under the paper tissue..what to do with them..pull them out or what..I broke one root already from tabasco...sad, but oh well.

Email pepper joes they should mail u i would say newer seeds. The same thing happened to me only 2 sprouted from what i ordered and i emailed em and they sent me another 10 pack which all the seeds sprouted this time around.

I think its time for pepper joes to get rid of them old seeds and only ship out newer ones lol

Johnny seeds has jolokia seeds?

Hey Pep. I just wanted to add my 2 cents in. How long did you wait until for the jolokia seeds to sprout? I planted about 20 varieties this year from seeds and the jolokia took the longest to spout by far. Some seeds started to germinate in 1-2 days for a bunch of the varities but it took almost 2 weeks and maybe even longer for the jolokia's to sprout. Also I found that they needed the temp to be around 80 degrees F. I am just saying I wouldn't give up hope on all of them.

Hey Pep. I just wanted to add my 2 cents in. How long did you wait until for the jolokia seeds to sprout? I planted about 20 varieties this year from seeds and the jolokia took the longest to spout by far. Some seeds started to germinate in 1-2 days for a bunch of the varities but it took almost 2 weeks and maybe even longer for the jolokia's to sprout. Also I found that they needed the temp to be around 80 degrees F. I am just saying I wouldn't give up hope on all of them.

oh that was awhile back...I gave up after the 8th week, I checked, the rest of the seeds were bad.

Gotcha. Yep 8 weeks I would have given up too. Like I said Jolokia's are stubborn to sprout. Temps just have to be right. Do your best and hope they come up. Hopefully the 2 seeds you got to sprout come up. I wish I could help you out with some seeds but as of right now my peppers are only the size of a penny and seem to be growing very slowly.

I hot my bhut seeds from pepper joe. i had good germination rate with them back in January. I culled a couple plants, gave away a couple and have three growing an producing nice looking fruit now. The plants are over two feet tall and three feet wide. Several of the pods are mature size, but they just won't change color. I am expecting something to happen any day now and I should have some nice red ones any day now. I would be willing to send you a few seeds but it might be a little while yet.

Back