• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

what to do with all my peppers

I got ghost and red habs coming out my ears I have pickled, made powder and dryed some whole and saved some seeds for next year. im getting about a gallon ziplock bag a day what do I do with them hate to just throw them on the compost pile.....................................

You've come to the right place to offload some pods.  Just head on over to the Forum Ads and start putting ads in for small flat rate boxes of fresh peppers.  You can make a fair bit of money off of them.  Of course if you are feeling generous, you can just give them away too.  If you don't want to sell or give them away, do as jedi suggested, freeze them and process them later (powders, sauces, in food).  I would steer clear of feeding the homeless with them though ;)

Try some of what I have been doing:
-smoke, dehydrate, grind into flakes
-smoke, dehydrate, grind into powder
-freeze for later use throughout year
-dehdrate for later use throughout year
-stuff with meat-wrapped cheeses
-garnish a lovely spinach salad
-gift to friends & neighbors
-infuse premium extra virgin olive oil
- infuse premium vinegars
- infuse premium vodkas
-put in salsas, picos, & slaws
-pickle them
-trade pods with other chileheads (here may be a good place to trade SFRB of your pods for pods that you did not grow this season, or ever)

It's all good.

Do what you have been doing and try to find people that grow other types to trade with, or try to trade your extras for other things that you do not grow.

I know there are always people that would love seeds!  

Keep it up, if your having good results, it means your doing it right!  

Save a bunch, sell a bunch, and give the rest away.  Last year I had 60 plants producing about 10-15 gallons a week.  I froze enough to experiment through the winter, and gave away about 3-5 SFRBs a week.  You could easily just post those for sale in the marketplace. 

jedisushi06 said:
vacuum seal them and make stuff with them this winter.  Or send them to me!!!! Just kidding.  They will freeze just fine in gallon bags too.  Or you feed them to homeless people.  
This

Get an inexpensive vacuum sealer and freeze them fresh.

Back