What variety over 200,000 Scoville is your most productive ?

romy6 said:

The original yellow 7 pot

image_zps4a208d4b.jpg

Given the right conditions you can make any pepper plant be productive 

Damn, that's a beautiful plant, Jamie! :dance: Yellow 7 is an insane producer of massive, impossibly tasty chiles…I could easily grow that one as my only super hot!

My red habs just dont quit, its insane. Plus I keep it pruned and pretty small, but no matter the weather (well exept freezing cold) it pumps em out like a factory!

This year it is definitely my chocolate ghosts.  All the plants are super full of pods.  So many i don't know what I am going to do with them all.

1) Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habanero
2) (Not) Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
3) Red Bhut Jolokia

However, other than the volunteer plants, every plant in my raised bed will have produced at least a couple hundred pods each this season.

windchicken said:

Damn, that's a beautiful plant, Jamie! :dance: Yellow 7 is an insane producer of massive, impossibly tasty chiles…I could easily grow that one as my only super hot!

Agreed.

Even though this is one of the crosses (Yellow 7-Pot and King Naga) both exhibit more of the Yellow 7-Pot characteristics. They are very productive plants, both about five feet tall and over three feet wide.

IMG_20150914_135149607.jpg

IMG_20150914_134824745_HDR.jpg

Hey!   That is actually my image of my white hab plant!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was extremely productive, as a matter of fact I had two of them and couldn't keep up with the pods.

Hotter than any other habs I've grown. 

My most productive plants this year were two 7 Pot Rennies that just exploded with pods early and often.   Sadly, no good pics.

And this cross Datil x Beni Market produced at least 500 pods:

Datil%20x%20Market%201e_zpseum9woqw.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Not my plant or image but you get the idea.

WhiteHab1-1.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Very much like a habanero, same type of burn and I find just a touch of citrus in them. 

I have friends who are of Vietnamese ancestry and they dont tend to like Habanero's of any kind.  But I introduced them to the Peruvian White Hab as my way to introduce them to a pepper other than a boring Thai pepper.  Long story short, they loved them.  They still have that firm crunchy texture that they like and there really is a very, very mild habanero taste if any.  Its more citrus to me and them.  

Also, there is the upgrade in heat which is a bonus to them as well.   

Its a great little pepepr. 

for me this year, my most productive over 200,000 scoville were Aribibi Gusano 
also Chacoense was pretty darn hot, and extremely productive.

though they probably are closer to 100,000 while the Aribibi Gusano i would place over 300,000

:cheers: 
GIP 

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
for me this year, my most productive over 200,000 scoville were Aribibi Gusano 
also Chacoense was pretty darn hot, and extremely productive.

though they probably are closer to 100,000 while the Aribibi Gusano i would place over 300,000

GIP 
This is my first time reading about the Aribibli pepper. It sounds like a very good overall pepper for taste and heat. How big do these plants get ?

SavinaRed said:
This is my first time reading about the Aribibli pepper. It sounds like a very good overall pepper for taste and heat. How big do these plants get ?

My plants stayed relatively small, mine are growing in pots/ buckets, and the smaller the pot the smaller they are. they are wider than they are tall(makes a nice short bush). my largest (in a 5 gallon bucket) is probably just over two feet wide and only about a foot and a half tall.
for the amount of space that they take up(not much) they are quite productive. they may get bigger in the ground, or with a longer growing season (I'm in zone 4a)
the pods aren't that big but they pack a punch and have a nice clean hot taste.  ripens from green-yellow-white/offwhite

I hope this helps.

GIP

Growing in the eternal heat of Hell Tucson, my Red Fatalii is the star plant, cranking out two branch-sagging batches of peppers per year.

Bonde Ma Jacques is also very productive.

Geonerd said:
Growing in the eternal heat of Hell Tucson, my Red Fatalii is the star plant, cranking out two branch-sagging batches of peppers per year.

Bonde Ma Jacques is also very productive.
My chocolate Fatali's are doing really good right now as I got a late start with them this year. They are my healthiest and soon to be best producers this season.

Back