• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health what wrong with my bhut?

HotPeppas

Banned
Also is this going to be a yellow bhut or a red bhut?

But she aint looking to good. Light green, leaf curl, leaf breaking off from stem. Ideas?

2012-10-18_17-31-16_55.jpg

2012-10-18_17-30-46_352.jpg

Possible lack of light? But also looks like bugs and the soil looks like it might be getting compact, which means time to pot up, also make sure the plant is getting good light!

I know it cant be light my other 2 plants are doing great.

When i potted it i didnt fill it all the way up with soil

Maybe ph problem. I was going towards iron/potassium def

How often and what are you feeding it? You can purchase a soil kit test at a garden store and online to see if it is lacking in NPK. I also suggest checking the Ph. Make sure the Ph is around 5.8 -7. Also a bug check with a strong magnifying glass cant hurt! If it's spider mites you cant see them with the naked eye! :) Good luck with your plant

How often do i feed it. Ive feed it once and thats because the crap is a powder type fert so i have to get it watered into the soil and its proving rather difficult. Possible over fert?? Its organic fert so idk on that.

The fert is Bio-tone http://www.espoma.com/p_consumer/biotone_02.html

Thanks i will have to find a soil testing kit. But i think earl may does it for free i believe. Yes i would test ph but i threw my kit out a while back didnt think id use it again x.x might have to go find a trusty cheap one

Hmmm I use Dyna Grow bloom. Its a liquid fert. What your using looks ok. I dont see fert burn on your plant. You've only fed it once??? If so that is the problem and you need to feed it!!! You should be feeding it every 2-3 weeks, with the appropriate amount that the label says to use

Well the powder kind of has to work its way down but its proving difficult! I might scoop what i can up and go buy some quality ferts. I like foxfarm brand. Had good experience with them.

I use Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, which has been good for me! You can also mix the powder into the water and top or bottom water your plant/s

The powder doesnt dissolve in water. But that is a good idea i dont know why i didnt do that to begine with...

but really this plant is stunted. I may let that bhut pod ripen and start one up over winter hehe. How hard how bhut seeds to pop? Sorry i know its been asked :P

EDIT: I love FFoF! Best soil hands down. Though expensive so i mix it 50/50 with some Miracle grow

If it doesnt dissolve in water I highly suggest making the switch to a quality liquid fert such as Fox Farms, Dyna-Grow etc. But it looks like you already plan to! LOL

Mine werent hard at all to pop. I got first sprouts in 6 days. But it all depends on the seeds used to germinate and also the method used to germinate :)

My perferred method is to place seed in solo cup (pre moisten soil) and place under a CFL 20w of so and dont let soil dry up

Well i repotted all 3 of my plants. That fert i used the fungi started to colonize my pot! The top like 1/2" was thick with fungi mycellium. I believe, or mold... but im pretty sure it was mycellium. Prob suffocating the plants. So i just bought some cheap MG potting soil and mixed in some compost manure. So hopefully they rebound quick and i didnt damage them to much :)

Back