• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Whatcha gonna do?

If these are your only two to choose from, which would it be?

• Cholula Hot Sauce - Original

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Tapatio Hot Sauce - Salsa Picante

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Nothing to see here, just move along

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Downriver

Extreme Member
We were running errands late in the afternoon last week, and realized it was Margarita Monday. So, off to the local Mexican restaurant we went. Since this was a spur of the moment decision, I didn't bring any WarrantMan hot sauces with me. Therefore, I was at the mercy of the restaurant selections. Here they are.

Las Trancas hot sauce IMG_20220608_191008930.jpg

What would you do? Feel free to elaborate.

Last edited:
I usually ask for the homemade hot sauce, they usually will have a few different ones as well. Same with salsas, they usually always have a salsa verde they use for dishes that you can ask for, great with the chips!

Most Mexican restaurants I haunt (not many) tend to have Valentina which is what I'll use if they have it. I don't recall being in one (even here in NC) that didn't have at least one option other than those two.

Not sure what I would do. Maybe like THP suggests...

They always have homemade hot sauce and salsas they use in the dishes and all you have to do is ask. I've gotten everything thing from a killer homemade habanero sauce to salsa macha just by asking. If you are craving mole, they might even bring some! Pro tip: Read the menu to look for the sauces. You might see a shrimp burrito smothered in their homemade habanero mango sauce. Now you know to ask for that sauce but with a different dish.

More importantly, is that a beer float on the menu? 🍺🍨

I usually ask for the homemade hot sauce, they usually will have a few different ones as well. Same with salsas, they usually always have a salsa verde they use for dishes that you can ask for, great with the chips!

Truth be told, I always ask for the "house" sauce. In fact, I go there so often, the wait staff automatically brings us a bowl of it, along with two frozen margaritas, before they even wait on us lol. But I do use the bottled stuff as well.

It has been many years since I've tried Tapatio, bought a bottle didn't like the taste of it at all, to a point anytime I see that label marked on a product for its flavor I'll pass on it. Cholula is a far better tasting hot sauce !

Back