• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Whatcha reading?

I haven't always been the bestest reader dude. I took it up just a few years ago and have found it to be rather calming. I am topically high strung so I have to find something to wind me down. I like fiction the best.
Currently on Fablehaven. Just about finished with first book of the series.

Greig Beck has an awesome series with what he calls the Arcadian. They are very cool. Read the description on Amazon. It's a scifi military series. Just my style.

tugboat.jpg

Let's just make sure we are all reading at our comprehension level, no need to get overloaded.

I know yuns will think I am crazy but I have started reading comics. I am continuously trying to find stuff to do with my 8 year old stepson. I bought him some comics from a yard sale. I am thinking we could travel around together to the local shops and dig to find some cool stuff.

Anybody else into comics?

I generally have 2 books on the go at any given time.  I keep one at work and read it on my breaks and one at home.

poypoyking said:
Reading through the Dark Tower series again currently.

Right now I'm also re-reading the Dark Tower series, currently on book 5 Wolves of the Calla (my at work book) and also re-reading the Lord of the Rings the Two Towers.

Tinben said:
I know yuns will think I am crazy but I have started reading comics. I am continuously trying to find stuff to do with my 8 year old stepson. I bought him some comics from a yard sale. I am thinking we could travel around together to the local shops and dig to find some cool stuff.

Anybody else into comics?

I started reading comics again about a year ago.  I download and read them on the computer.  I'm a Marvel comics fan, Wolverine, Spiderman, Hulk and X-Men.

Recently finished The Wise Man's Fear, sequel to The Name of Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.  Good Stuff.  Now trying to re-read Dandelion Wine.

Right now im about 100 pages from finishing 'A feast for Crows' by George RR Martin. When I finish that up I have 'The Republic of Thieves' by Scott Lynch on deck. After that I have 'The Alloy of Law' by Brandon Sanderson waiting for me. Probably going to pick up the 5th book in Song of Ice and Fire(game of thrones) soon since it just came out in paperback.

The Dark Tower is a great series, if you have a year of nothing to do! Man thats a long series. I think 'The Wizard and Glass' was my favorite.(think thats the name)

Can you tell I'm a fan of fantasy series?

I tried to get into comics last year but its just so expensive.. For price of 2 or 3 comics that take 10 minutes to read, I rather have 1 book that takes a week.

Back