Whatever the F*** you do, don`t use this crap.

The ironic thing is that I never spray for aphids. Once the plants are outside there are enough predators to control them easily. I just didn`t want to send plants out to other people with an aphid or two. "If I`m doing a few, I`ll do them all" I thought, like a prime jackass. 

So far I`ve lost roughly 40-50 plants and basically topped every other plant I have. I`m hopeful that will just put my season back about 6 weeks, especially as we have such a long season in SoCal. 

Head to the pub; call a cab.

I'm going to post this over on the gardenweb.com forum. I'll report any useful, or interesting info.

Wow! I have been using the Granular's of this product to keep the earwigs out of my raised beds. It's supposed to be Clove Oil and Thyme Oil. Its very very strong smelling stuff. The granular's do work to some extent as a perimeter deterrent. But the first day I used it I realized it could never be put to close to the plants, as the plastic Dixie Cup I was spreading it with was literally melting in my hands. It says kid and pet safe, but if it can melt a Dixie Cup faster than gasoline I'd have to beg to differ. I won't be buying this product anymore.

Nigel, look at my list (plants already growing).  Many of the seeds I got from you. I have more plants than I can grow at this time. If I have anything you want I will get it to you. 

SL3 said:
Wow! I have been using the Granular's of this product to keep the earwigs out of my raised beds. It's supposed to be Clove Oil and Thyme Oil. Its very very strong smelling stuff. The granular's do work to some extent as a perimeter deterrent. But the first day I used it I realized it could never be put to close to the plants, as the plastic Dixie Cup I was spreading it with was literally melting in my hands. It says kid and pet safe, but if it can melt a Dixie Cup faster than gasoline I'd have to beg to differ. I won't be buying this product anymore.

Nigel, look at my list (plants already growing).  Many of the seeds I got from you. I have more plants than I can grow at this time. If I have anything you want I will get it to you. 
Thanks Steve, very kind of you indeed. With the losses I`ve taken I`m probably down to around 350 plants....... :rolleyes:  Maybe it was a blessing in disguise? Ok, that`s crap, it wasn`t!!!!

That really sucks about your plants!

This got me wondering..for discussion sake -  what is organic really?
What does organic mean to you? (open question for anyone)
When does something stop being organic, or what really qualifies as organic?

For example, is oil organic? 
Oil comes from the ground, from decomposed organic matter..is oil organic?

Almost everything is derived from something natural at some point, sp when does it stop being organic? When does it become wrong to label something as organic?
After its been processed or refined, once, twice, three times?

Just something I was thinking about :)

Best of luck with your plants!

HopsNBarley said:
Holy shizzle biscuits!
I guess they got the "Works Fast" and "Kills on Contact" correct.
Hope your able to bring them back.
That stinks!
Yeah that definitely bites. I hope they recover for you and branch out bushy and all

Back