What's a good every day pepper?

Italian Marconi pepper is really sweet(when allowed to turn red) with no heat.  I also think some kids would like the Yummy Snack pepper.  I think it is an Annuum, but has no heat and they small.

"Every day" pepper?
Well, I don't live where they grow year round, so every year I take a selection of peppers---for both/either heat and flavor and make a big batch of pepper salt.

That's the pepper I eat every day.

Noah Yates said:
Jalapenos, passila peppers, poblanos, anaheims, hot wax banana, sweet banana, numex hybrids, etc..

But yeah... jalapenos are my favorite...  I can never seem to grow enough of them. 

I dont know why I put "etc.." :rofl: lol.. thats a terrible form of reply to such a specific question :beer: :cheers: ;)

Cumari do para. Hands down, no question. Fresh or dried for those without the California sunshine..... :P

Justaguy sent me some dried Cumari do para and they are truly awesome snacking treats. Mmmmmmmm

Alright now I've got to do some research.  I'm sure some things I grow next year I will be disappojnted with so I am hoping to narrow the chances down a bit.  I'm currently tossing a list togehter of what I have now to make a thread asking which you seasoned chileheads would grow and which you wouldn't. 

My favorite this year are Maui Purple. Considered a chinense but grows more like a bacc. Great flavor and packs a good little punch that comes on quick and leaves just as fast. I'll be growing these from here on out. Also another nice one is Goats Weed.

I agree on bacattums like lemon drop, starfish and bishops hat (or what ever people call them). They all have a good taste to heat ratio ;)

Also i like the no heat chinenses like Habanero Dulce, Aji Dulce, Numex Suave Orange and so on.

Of all the cayenne types i enjoy dried Pinnochios Nose. Pretty low heat and really long pods. 24 cm ~ 9 ½ inch.

Oh i forgot the pasilla baijo. Almost no heat and a really interesting aroma

Aji Pineapple, Aji Colorado, Brazilian Pumpkin, rocoto/manzano (may be a little hot) but I can eat them whole every day

Baccatums are really good to snack on. I snaked on an inca drop today. Quite tasty. I also think jalapenos are great to snack on.

Bird peppers. They pack a nice punch in a small package and produce crazy amounts.
Having mostly "dry" flavors they fit every type of cooking.

Cya

Datil

Back