• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What's eating my plants?

Did it happen overnight or over a few days?  I have had hornworms for the first time this year, and the damage has looked like that but not as bad.  I was gone a few days and came back and one had done damage like that to a couple of branches.  

can add copper tape or wire as a collar to the bottom to help "prevent" slimy creatures from climbing the trunk. Maybe not a fix to the cause here, but I do it anyways just as a preventative. Just a tip.

GL!

mrgg*

I agree with parker. Probably hornworms. I don't think slugs can do that kind of damage (at least I hate to imagine how many slugs that would have taken  :sick: ) 
     Look closely at that plant and neighboring ones for a hornworm. They're good at hiding/camoflage. When you find it, toss it in the yard away from your plants and make a bird really happy!

Yeah horn worms can decimate a plant quick. They're eating machines especially if it's a big one. Hard to see unless they have the parasitic wasp eggs all over them. Then they stick out like a sore thumb. Check around on the leaves for big chunks of brown/black poop. If you see that the horn worm is close by (if it is a horn worm). I've been lucky with my peppers. So far no horn worms on them but the tomatoes right next to them I've pulled 30 or more off of this summer. The tops of my tomato plants are skeletons. Eaten clean

Back