free Whats Fair Concerning "Free Seeds"

always ask for an sasbe or sase with proper postage leave up to them to determine the amount, but do not honor any request unless postage in with it

before you send the seeds out check the envy for your return address, if your return addy is on it take a black marker and cover it so if there is not enough postage it will fall on the requestee and not you

this has always worked for me and have had no serious issue, the people on here are quite considerate

set the ground rules right awy in your thread where your offering the seeds so you dont get swamped with questions on criteria

thanks your friend Joe
you said on your super hot mix not to have your address on the return envelope because of that reason so all you have to do is say it in the thread then you know who read and who seen free seeds i am one of the ones that did not put your address on the return envelope

you said on your super hot mix not to have your address on the return envelope because of that reason so all you have to do is say it in the thread then you know who read and who seen free seeds i am one of the ones that did not put your address on the return envelope

no you did not and i thank you for it :party:

it tends to get overlooked and i never get on anyone about it,i just ask in hope that people will comply, i just take my marker and scribble it out, its one of the lesser pet peeves as its something i can fix on the fly
but i dont let the postage issue go, if i did it would get costly

thanks for your consideration your friend Joe :onfire:

If someone was offering free seeds I would without hesitation send a SASE/SASBE and thank that persons generosity!

fair...bullshit...when you offer free seeds, if you don't get a SASE or SASBE for you to use when sending them, efem....

Hey Doc, Did you receive the numex espanolas I sent you yet?, they went out on thursday last week. Please keep me posted, thanks my friend. Emon069

Fair is what many of us r here, in fact because of the overwhelmIng generousity of the members here last year in my first season, I had a spectacular first season and ended up w/ over 150lbs of peppers, and most of the 250+ varieties of seeds I now have I received in trades or wonderful SASE offers, and due to said generousity I have tried to be as generous as possible myself by spreading the heat and paying it forward to the new members as it were, and to answer ur question, I can't believe u even need to ask this it makes me sad and angry that anyone would complain about an SASE when u r giving them what they would otherwise pay handsomely for in some cases, not to mention ur time and effort to package and separate seeds and send them out! And now that Kevin has put up a step by step informative thread on the proper way to do an SASBE there is ZERO excuses for them not to provide one! If they can't extend the simple common courtesy to provide an SASBE, then u have no Obligation to send seeds!

Perhaps its because I haven't given away many seeds (yet), but I am a little airheaded - and so I tend to try and do for others what I would hope would happen (and has happened in two cases) for me in the same circumstance.

That said, if 100 people don't send stamps/enough stamps, then I wouldn't be able to do what I just suggested. Perhaps my perspective will be adjusted as I begin giving stuff away this fall...

In response to those that are asking, I wouldn't post, on an open forum, those who were lacking or didn't provide the basic requirements to send them their seeds. To me, that is not a respectful or a proper way to do business. I will keep my responses private and respect other members. If you made a mistake then you have already received a PM message from me. Some of you were so considerate that I sent back some of your stamps not needing that amount of postage. Thank you everyone.

I say no postage reimbursement / stamps, NO seeds. Reimbursement is the 'considerate' thing to do unless one has an establshed trading relationship with a member. If I know someone well and we've done trades in the past and plan to in the future, I'm willing to work out other options at times. Notes that say thanks for the free seeds with nothing more = garbage to me. :) I have done a TON of these offers. As others who have too, they know how much effort often goes into seed saving, packaging, mailing, etc. It's only right.

I will note almost everyone I dealt with last year was great and did what was asked.

Chris

I offer to pay them through paypal if I cannot manage to get a SASBE :) some sort of money should be given or like the most of you had said if capable provide a SASBE but don't just beg for seeds

if you still have any left i sent you a pm and did not get a response- i do know how to send a proper sase. ;)

+1 on the above. Same from me. I wouldn't think of taking up an offer like Doc presented without sending SASE. Doc, I PM'ed you and I'll even PayPal you the postage if necessary. However you may be out of seeds by now. Thanks for the gesture.

Hi everyone
I am new to the site.
I agree everyone is entitled to postage back with envelope.
I question is as I live overseas, what is the best way to reimburse someone for seeds envelope and postage. Send them the cash pay by PayPal? I am just trying to figure our the best way
Any input would be gratefully received as I have had a few people willing to give me seeds but before I say yes I like to be fair in my response to reimburse them
Mandy

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]When someone offers some seed without SASE or SASBE, I propose a refund to help pay for it I can not send SASE or SASBE outside Brazil.
A friendly help is always welcome and well supplied.

hugs
Tuca[/background]

Back