• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

What's happened to my chocolate Bhut :(

D52862C7-41DE-47E0-9BA4-AB68AC8E720E-248-0000001187E737D0.jpg

could be a combo of water damage and sunburn

bhuts tend to be touchy like that but can happen to any pepper

thanks your friend Joe

Looks like you had a critter chomping that guy. Probably some sort of caterpillar or other such creature.

Hope not :( I cut it open and there was nothing hiding inside..!

sunburn i think i have the same on my CHOCO TS....

I was thinking the same thing.

could be a combo of water damage and sunburn

bhuts tend to be touchy like that but can happen to any pepper

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks joe

Maybe its not a critter, but I had a huge green caterpiller sitting on my jalapeno, and when I removed it, there was a scar that very much resembled what your picture is showing. If you don't see any now then you are probably ok either way.

i had several peppers on different types of plants with very similar looking damage when the heat wave was in full swing last month. i decided it was irregular watering/BER, dosed them with some chicken fertilizer for calcium and laid down several inches of hay as mulch and haven't had any issues with it since.

another vote for sunburn, though watering can be a factor if lack of water was causing leaf droop that allowed more sun to hit it.

It's so hot, that it started to melt itself!

His little brother blow my head off :)

another vote for sunburn, though watering can be a factor if lack of water was causing leaf droop that allowed more sun to hit it.

Im always on top of the watering,I did move the plant so maybe the sun got to hit the pod a little more?

Sunburn, I saw more than my fair share of it this year on my choc bhuts.

It's such a shame as this was my biggest pod :(

i had several peppers on different types of plants with very similar looking damage when the heat wave was in full swing last month. i decided it was irregular watering/BER, dosed them with some chicken fertilizer for calcium and laid down several inches of hay as mulch and haven't had any issues with it since.

Thanks for the advice :)

Maybe its not a critter, but I had a huge green caterpiller sitting on my jalapeno, and when I removed it, there was a scar that very much resembled what your picture is showing. If you
D52862C7-41DE-47E0-9BA4-AB68AC8E720E-248-0000001187E737D0.jpg
don't see any now then you are probably ok either way.

Bloody hate things munching on my plants,I've totally destroyed the slug population in my garden :)

Back