• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Whats happening to these bad boys.

So, I planted a few plants back before winter and they were doing great produced pods were nice size. I moved them into my garage under lights and after a month or so leaves started looking dark and dropping. Here are some pics of whats left.
20140114_110151_zps6hustsfu.jpg

20140114_110145_zpseqbbcwet.jpg

20140114_110238_zpsk043tmcg.jpg

20140114_110228_zpsjapiiqhw.jpg
the "healthiest plant"
20140114_110159_zpscp8x4dwc.jpg

Already killed off few other plants that were doomed. A few others lost all there leaves so im guessing some kinda bug or mite.

Im about to start up my new seedlings come feb so any help is cool :)

What's the weather like in your garage? Are you sure it's not an environmental problem? Too cold? Soil too wet? My overwinters HATE it in my house because it's not warm enough for their liking.
     If you think it might be a mite, send a sample to a plant disease clinic for confirmation. They will ruin your life if you don't get them under control.

The weather has been variable but temps staying in 60s and pretty dry. I barely watered them. Had fan on 2x day for hour. T5 ho bulbs for 10-12 hours a day on timer. Was just all the sudden. Hmmm.
Mighy be cold feet as they are fairly close to ground I guess.

I've got something VERY similar going on with my overwinters.  15 plants 2" above concrete floor in 2 and 3 gal root pouches under 4 6500K T5 bulbs.  My plants just came through a little growth spurt and now are ebbing like yours - new growth darkening, drying.  I'm thinking environmental changes as the weather here has been very unstable - brutally cold and dry, then warm and rainy in only a few day's time.

Hmmmm... it also looks like "scale" damage...

Is there any sticky, sweet "honey dew"... or little wart looking things on the stems?

Aye?

I just realized it also looks like a type of fungal problem I had a few cases of last year.  Possibly black spot, black mold, or sooty mildew.  I killed the affected plants.  :tear:

Back