misc Whats in a name

Having named a few, here they are;

Dave's Zesty Blend
Passow's Bannana Blend
J&D Food's...(coming soon)
Passow's Hot Spread
Passow's "Soon To Be Named" Jam

And if I could name another one...it would be;
Passow's So Hot It Will Make You're Head Spin and You're Nose Bleed... Sauce.

For me, aliteration is king where product names are concerned.

(insert name here)'s Habanero Hell Sauce
(INH)'s Jalapeno Justice sauce*
(INH)'s Potent Poblano Potion
Mullet's Naga Morich Nightmare (MNMN)
Bhut Burner (subtle pun)
Pete's Patented Purira Pulp
(INH)'s Ferocious Fatalii Sauce

If you're looking for something to grab you by the proverbials, how about "The grab-your-nuts-so-they-don't-get-burnt-when-it-comes-out-the-other-end sauce"?

I've recently got very irritated when I see a chili powder for sale, and when I pick it up, it just says "ingredients: Chili powder". WHICH F***ing CHILI, DAMMIT?

*Based upon the fact that, at least over here, 95% of people pronounce it "Jal-a-pee-no" instead of "hal-a-pen-yo". True story springs to mind of the parents evening where a couple sit down in front of a each who says "Ah, you must be Juanita's parents", pronouncing it "Huan-ita" as you are meant to.

"WHO?" say the parents "our daughter is called Jew-a-neeta". They'd called their daughter something without knowing how it should be pronounced. Weird.

Oh, one more thing: if you ever see "cellulose" or "cellulose byproducts" listed as an ingredient, it means sawdust ;)

Shooty,
you make me laugh......
Wait, are we naming something of yours (if so, what's in the sauce)?
IAMAGG,
I was thinking of running a small compotition with the winner naming my first ever sauce but that might get a bit "political" so i'm juust fishing for ideas and seeing all the funny names people come up with.......I must say Bhut burner is brill:P I think the name of the sauce can have a large outcome on how the sauce does, i mean mega death is better than now dead.if you get my point, also it gives an insight into people who will never name a sauce to have there shout.
My sauces are naga based and will pack a punch, hey how about "naga tyson" sauce

I like the new website look, Woody, esp the flaming graphics. Didn't want to say anything about the previous background image (nice image, but could have been better either way darker or way lighter so that the text stood out, perhaps?)

Looking forward to popping over when you're open for visitors.

In the meantime, Mrs Shooty and I are putting our minds to Naga based names.

How about: "Made with N.A.G.A: Need Another Gut, Alright?"

I think we have a winner with Naga-saki. Top stuff.

"Smack my nagas" also good.

Cap'n Bones: That's remarkable. Your signature (the beatings will continue) perfectly encapsualtes my senior Partners attitude to HR and personnel. i.e. stone age. Hence why I'm looking for jobs. Still ;)

Naga-saki mild
Naga-saki hot
Naga-saki nuclear

are born......if thats ok with you Defcon!

Cheers all
Woody

ps..Has anybody heard from the Angry pepper, i can't get a response from him.

Back