WHAT'S IN YOUR GULLET??ale vs lager

ALE vs LAGER? Have a preference? know the difference?

• I KNOW what a lager is, and I like them best.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I KNOW what an ale is, and I like those best.

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • I like both equally.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • My hardest choice is between Bud and Bud Lite.

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Old poll is old. Def would vote ale over lager nao.

Had to revisit this topic I remembered after reading the Oktoberfest throwdown discussion. Think it was around a year ago I finally lost my taste for the ignominious Bud Light/Coors Light/fill in any Mexican beer here. Worked for a guy who always had it on hand, and guess I didn't know any better. I guess THP finally broke me down. Supposing that and making moar moolah helped me make the switch.

Questionable credibility aside, it is always IPA's these days, this town is full of em. Never been big on Marzens. Had a Gordon Beirsch one years ago that really comes to mind. Blech. Karl Strauss's too. Errrr...

Marzen? Wat do?

Congrats on converting. Ales rule.

not to be an ass, but that is quite possibly the worst description of ales and lagers in the first post that I have ever seen

BUT

since this is a poll

i am still going to vote equally between ales and lagers, because every beer has its place at some point or another

Ale all the way! The hoppier the better. I guess I'll drink a lager if it's offered to me. Who am I kidding? I'll drink anything if it's offered to me!

Ales! Ales! Ales! IPA's, imperial stouts, Belgian ales, Irish/Scotch/red ales, Wheat ales, it's all good in the 'hood. I do love lagers, but ales are the winner for me.

Ooh, one has not lived until they have a rye ale...

when you're talking about good beers, ale & lagers are close to the same IMO. stouts & bocks are in a different class than ales/lagers IMO.
I like ales & lagers the same if they're a good brand, also stouts.

Back