• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting What's the best lighting for indoor

Like Alkhall said, a lot depends on your individual needs and budget. I have tried different lighting solutions over the years, from CFLs to T8s and HO T5s, LED quantum boards, and even the old-school "blurple" grow lights you find on Amazon. They can all get the job done. But I finally settled on the Viparspectra P2000 as a good option for me. I find the new LED quantum boards to be pretty energy efficient. I also find the full-spectrum white lights to be less annoying to the eyes than the older blurple grow lights. I have been using the Viparspectra LEDs for 3 years now. I am happy with their quality and performance so far. I have 4 of the P2000s and one P1000 and have had no issues with any of them so far. The Viparspectra P models also have a dimmer knob, which is a feature that I like. I can turn the light down a bit for seedlings, or turn it up for mature plants. The lights seem to be well made, as well as a pretty good value for the money relative to some of their competitors. Their XS models seem pretty similar to the P models, but tend to be priced a little higher, since the XS use Meanwell drivers and Samsung diodes. You pay extra if you really want the name-brand components I suppose. Anyway, there is really no one "best" choice for everyone; that is just what I settled on after several years of trying different indoor lighting setups. YMMV.

Sky's the limit, as long as the pockets are deep. Starting seeds, there's gonna be a huge learning curve, start simple starting seeds. Florescent shop light,
1- cool white bulb
1-warm white bulb
Decades ago that's all we had before vita lights twists came along. Thousands of seeds have been started this way. Or a full spectrum led panel seed starting kit that are sold. Like others have pointed out, alot of factors to fit your needs. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back