• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What's the best superhot for flavor??

Well I have limited experience with super hots only grew red ghost form papa joe that I got form a local garden store.
I used it with some others in my last pepper jelly and salsa's and they worked well.
I did try a flak of peach bhut s s and I liked it very much granted that was only a little of the profile.
If this second go works out my plan is to make powder form them.

hogleg said:
Best tasting pod I've had so far this season is 7 Pot Burgundy via HM01. Its on the cusp of not being a superhot but its hot enough, and the flavor is amazing. 

I'm right there with you! Those things are just buttah! That jerk grew mine, too. 

There are a few in my opinion that top notch-but #1 in flavor has to be BBG7 YELLOW! Might have to check back in the fall as I have a list of peppers to try yet.

mpicante said:
There are a few in my opinion that top notch-but #1 in flavor has to be BBG7 YELLOW! Might have to check back in the fall as I have a list of peppers to try yet.
I should have some fresh yellow bbg7 pods by Christmas, looking forward to trying them :)

For me right now my favorite is a particular peach bhut pheno that popped up here. Amazing flavor and smell, like exotic ripe fruit with no bitterness. We passed a few around at the brewery here to people who had never ever tasted any kind of super hot. Same thing everyone said exotic fruit,piña colada, etc. before total face melt haha

SavinaRed said:
Are they sweet ? citrus notes ?

Pretty sweet for a "superhot". Although as hogleg said, they're not really "super" hot. Maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of a CARDI. (Probably 700,000 or 800,000 shu?) No citrus notes at all. When they're dry, they smell like caramel or toffee.

FreeportBum said:
I should have some fresh yellow bbg7 pods by Christmas, looking forward to trying them :)

For me right now my favorite is a particular peach bhut pheno that popped up here. Amazing flavor and smell, like exotic ripe fruit with no bitterness. We passed a few around at the brewery here to people who had never ever tasted any kind of super hot. Same thing everyone said exotic fruit,piña colada, etc. before total face melt haha
sounds interesting?

mpicante said:
sounds interesting?

mpicante said:
sounds interesting?
I have two plants this year from seed that I pulled from the same pod from last season. One plant looks exactly like last years pods, the other is throwing pods that look like it was crossed with something and is much hotter. 

Correct pod plant #1
20150818_151527.jpg

Pod's on plant # 2
20150818_151327.jpg

20150818_151405.jpg

20150818_151540.jpg

FreeportBum said:

I have two plants this year from seed that I pulled from the same pod from last season. One plant looks exactly like last years pods, the other is throwing pods that look like it was crossed with something and is much hotter. 

Correct pod plant #1
20150818_151527.jpg
Pod's on plant # 2
20150818_151327.jpg
20150818_151405.jpg
20150818_151540.jpg
very nice.was last year's plant open pollinated?and I see you were to obtain the yellow bbg seeds good job.

mpicante said:
very nice.was last year's plant open pollinated?and I see you were to obtain the yellow bbg seeds good job.
Yes OP seed. those were pics from last week I'll get some new one's tomorrow. Some of the pods are getting nice tails on them and look really wicked. I picked up some yellow bbg7 seed from stephen, and have 8 plants up and looking good. 

FreeportBum said:
Yes OP seed. those were pics from last week I'll get some new one's tomorrow. Some of the pods are getting nice tails on them and look really wicked. they have the nicest peach color.  I picked up some yellow bbg7 seed from stephen, and have 8 plants up and looking good. 
That's cool eight plants you got those babies in quick!how tall are they right now ? I like your style.NO MESSIN AROUND,LETS DO THIS!

mpicante said:
That's cool eight plants you got those babies in quick!how tall are they right now ? I like your style.NO MESSIN AROUND,LETS DO THIS!
Thanks the yellow bbg7 are just seedlings, started 10 so pretty good germ rate.

Good topic. Anyone have a few 7-Pot Burgandy pods they would be willing to part with? PM me. Thanks.

Dang, always chasing some pepper....

Back