• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What's the deal here? Pale Pepper Plant

QuadShotz

Banned
Oddness..I started these two at the same time about in Jiffy's, and at first leaves repotted as you see in the same soil. They get the same treatment far as water, light etc.

So, why is the Bih going mutant on me? It's still growing fine, but is all white leaves and stuff.

Pics:

Both:

S6301219.JPG

The silly plant:

S6301224.JPG

S6301225.JPG

It figures that I'd get a mutant albino Naga...lol!

It's still growing though..just makes me wonder WTF is up with it. Too much nutes? Maybe it hit a pocket of fert that wasn't spread about in the soil..IDK.

Weird.

-QS

Kill it before it grows ....

Kinda looks like overwatering --- I would ease off watering and at next watering with High N fertilizer + epsom to see if the condition changes and if it doesnt shit can it ...

Hey QS,
**Wall for bouncing ideas**
From what I have picked up here and elsewhere:
Chlorosis - yellowing between the leaf veins: may be caused by magnesium deficiency, or other stuff.

In the last pic, the leaf at the top looks like it has a bit of fertiliser burn.

Could it be that the different types of pepper have slightly differing fertiliser needs? If Bih's are a little slower growing than hab's it is possible that they probly don't need as much as fert.

Good luck

RS

Yeah, I've kept watering to a minimum, gave a spray of epsom, no extra ferts except what is on my mix....and 'prolly worried it to death..lol

IDK, it seems to be growing just fine though..if anything it's bigger than it's sibling...but with what I do think is a Chlorosis problem.

I'll just let it do it's thing I think. It's got all the nutes it shoudl need. Could be transplant shock?

The other Bih I have had similar issues at a later stage and turned out just fine.

Thx,

QS

ring sting said:
In the last pic, the leaf at the top looks like it has a bit of fertiliser burn.

Could it be that the different types of pepper have slightly differing fertiliser needs? If Bih's are a little slower growing than hab's it is possible that they probly don't need as much as fert.

Good luck

RS

It's not burned/yellowed/witherd from heat, just white...the lights are super-tuff to get accurate color under. You may be right about the Bih...my other one was dang picky too.

I'm nto keeping them super-close to the lights either..mebbe 4".
The O-Hab is doing fine...which is odd.

thx,

QS

For now I'd try to wash out any nutes that are still in there by watering it until the water starts running out the bottom holes and then water on for two or three times and then let it rest without watering for a few days and see if it gets better and check back here if it doesn't.

It's most certainly not a mutation, let alone a friendly one! :)

Back