• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Whats this fuzz on my Bhut leaves

...I think its always been there but I dont see anyone elses pics or pics online showing any leaves that have fuzz like this. Is it normal or is it some kind of mold? I dont recall seeing it on my other pepper leaves like my habs.

fuzz.jpg

svtcontour said:
Oh... wait they have hair? :)

yep, and when it get's long enough, you have to braid it ;)

salsalady said:
yep, and when it get's long enough, you have to braid it ;)

ROFLOL!!!!! next time I won't be daking a drink out of a glass when I read posts......................

You have piccies if braided pepper hair SL? :D

heeheehee,

answer #1- nope, my pepper plants are just babies, they haven't blossomed into maturity yet.

answer #2- ......naw, I just shave 'em

You need to show a better pic than that. If you're pointing out the white splotches on the underside of the leaf; it may be mold or a fungus.

AjarnV said:
You need to show a better pic than that. If you're pointing out the white splotches on the underside of the leaf; it may be mold or a fungus.

I tried to take a closer pic. It does look like little hairs from the looks of it...

fuzz2.jpg

LUCKYDOG said:
are you growing with indoor Hydro?

No just regular soil. I do mist once in a while (like twice a week) with either water or a very diluted amount of epsom salt and water. I must both on top and under the leaves.

I think its ok -- some "other" plants will do that when they are blooming I would see if it continues to grow or effects the plant then I would remove the offending areas/leaves

Back