• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What's up with my plants?

My long red slims are starting to yellow. Could it be an iron, manganese, molybdenum or some other deficiency? I've only watered with fish fert and plain water. I have also foliar fed with epsom salt. I know, the soil is horrible. It is miracle gro organic. Do I need to repot or leave until they get bigger? All are under flour 24/7.

Peppers004-3.jpg

Peppers003-3.jpg

Peppers002-4.jpg

Bhut- this one looks ok. No yellowing.
Peppers005-2.jpg

Too much fert maybe? They shouldn't need fert this early and are probably a bit fried from it. Maybe flush them and just straight water for a while.

Its your soil. I'd get them out ASAP. I had the same thing happen to me, but with my seedlings, using MG Organic. The problem is the stuff turns to concrete, and it barely has any nutes in it at all. I switched and put them into some Pro-Mix. Nothing but dark leaves from there on out. If you have nothing else available, at all, then I'd suggest get some bone meal and epsom salt on them ASAP, but IMO its gonna be a losing battle with that soil, and I'd switch immediately, just my 2 cents. Heres a link to my thread with my seedlings: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?18150-Is-this-strange
Best of luck

Back