• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

What's up with my Tomatoes?

I bought these last week. Could I have put to much fish bone meal in the pot?

stspfCX.jpg

bone meal is primary phosphorus.  That is not a symptom of phosphorus toxicity. (have to agree with stettoman)

The problem with bonemeal, is that despite claims for years that it's some miracle product for tomatoes, it's not available immediately, and all evidence suggest that unless acted upon by something quite acidic, isn't available for a very long time. (dozens of years, in fact)  In such a small pot, bonemeal does literally nothing. Sorry. :(

solid7 said:
bone meal is primary phosphorus.  That is not a symptom of phosphorus toxicity. (have to agree with stettoman)
The problem with bonemeal, is that despite claims for years that it's some miracle product for tomatoes, it's not available immediately, and all evidence suggest that unless acted upon by something quite acidic, isn't available for a very long time. (dozens of years, in fact)  In such a small pot, bonemeal does literally nothing. Sorry. :(
Meh I do liquid bone meal and solid usually. Glad it's not the bone meal atleast

stettoman said:
Looks like sunscald. Tomatoes will do that if they aren't used to natural sunlight. Shouldn't kill them, I get that almost every year in my haste to harden, but they've always come back.
Ah, it was an outdoor grown player from a greenhouse so I assumed it was hardened enough. I'll grab more this weekend and put them in the shade first.

Back