• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What's up with these leaves?

There are weird markings on them, never seen anything like this. Anyone know? They are also seeming pretty droopy, what does that mean?

P1010122.jpg

Hey Roadhouse. It looks like water damage. Sometimes if you get water on the leaves it act as a magnafying glass with light coming though and burns them. I get that sometimes on my plants too. I dont think its anything to worry about.

Interesting, I didn't know that was possible. Makes sense though. Thanks hatter. BTW, don't think I ever mentioned it but GREAT avatar.

It looks like possible leaf miner damage. Look at the leaf closely and see if it looks like the middle of the leaf has been hollowed out. You may even see a small grub between the 2 layers. I would also look very closely to the underside of the leaf just to make sure there are not any tiny insects munching away at your plant.

madhatter said:
Hey Roadhouse. It looks like water damage. Sometimes if you get water on the leaves it act as a magnafying glass with light coming though and burns them. I get that sometimes on my plants too. I dont think its anything to worry about.

I thought that was an old disproved wives' tale.
Your plant's not getting enough water. Overwatering killed your roots.

Back