• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What's wrong with my peppers?

I think in your hot climate, the calcium chloride may be too likely to burn the plants. Calcium nitrate may be easier to find and less likely to cause burn. Water into the soil and don't do a foliar application.

yea but you cant exceede 20mg/L chloride without risking chloride toxicity issues.

thats.... only .25 grams per gallon... assuming its hydrated calcium chloride.

if its anhydrous calcium chloride it will be even less.

you realy need the calcium nitrate... there are no farming supply places any where around? they ought to have it there.

unless im badly mistaken... cambodia is not like super under developed right?

queequeg152 said:
unless im badly mistaken... cambodia is not like super under developed right?

Depends on your definition of development. Officially, it is a "least developed country," but we did just get a Burger King finally. The farm supply store has mostly chemical fertilizers, which I am trying to avoid. I'll go ask about calcium nitrate. Nowhere in the country has epsom salt! 

well calcium nitrate is most definatly a chemical... so its going to violate your preference here.
perhaps buy a small amount and sit on it... if your organic setup does not work out, then you have something to fall back on.

alot of the "organic" tom growers i know often have to resort to calcium nitrate.

only probem i see here is... they might not sell small quantites. they might want you to buy like a 30 lb sack... thats WAY too much for a small plot of peppers.

you want like less than 5lbs...a single pound even if its possible.
wait. why are we talking about calcium though?

i fogot what this thread was about...

you have a mite problem there. 90% sure. you should verify with some proper magnification if possible.

if(WHEN) you confirm this, you will need an arharacide aka mitacide of some type... honestly you might be fucked becasue you need an extreemly small amount... enough to spray like a dozen plants a few times over.

if you buy a quart at this farm supply place, its going to cost alot, and you will never ever use it all.

i think a quart of avid sprays like 11 acres.

Thanks. Would eggshells in vinegar work? What about calcium vitamins? I've got about 20 plants, but the 10 in containers are really suffering. I used biochar as a potting mix which I now realize was a bad idea because it is very alkaline.

I don't think calcium is your problem after looking at the photos. That looks much more like broad mite damage. Focus on that before you start slinging nutrients.

Mites inject toxins into the plant which don't go away just by picking affected leaves. You have to bomb the crap out of your plants to win that fight.

suchen said:
I don't think calcium is your problem after looking at the photos. That looks much more like broad mite damage. Focus on that before you start slinging nutrients.

Mites inject toxins into the plant which don't go away just by picking affected leaves. You have to bomb the crap out of your plants to win that fight.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been spraying every few days with neem oil for several weeks now. I assume that's not enough? Is there anything I can do to get rid of them? My plants that are in the ground seem to have recovered, but my container plants are still struggling. 

Is this also broad mite damage on my tomatillos? I had thought it was thrips, but maybe it's the same thing.

c3ngwhf.jpg

I will be using a miticide this year called Green Clean which is pretty new. There are other options, though I am not sure what would be available in your country. Broad mites are very difficult to get rid of without aggressive tactics.

Back