• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What's wrong with my reapers?

I'm new to all of this but I'm having OK success with most of the stuff I have growing. I have ghost, habanero, TM scorpions, jalapeno, bell, mexibelle, etc all growing without too much issue. I'm in northern New Jersey so this time of year is hot and humid. All of these are in a location that gets some direct sun for probably half or two thirds of daylight hours. These four reaperss I got from Pepper Joes are not doing as well as I'd like. One or two look mostly OK aside from being a little yellow but two are stunted and have strange leaf issues. I've done a fair amount of searching but thank you PhotoBucket for turning thousands (millions?) of useful threads into reminders of how much you suck.

Close up of the leaf issues. Wrinkled and odd spots.

EjQnc83.jpg

5c2NJQH.jpg

The whole plants:

iFwlem3.jpg

XPMVtlv.jpg

Meanwhile others that have had the same treatment look far better and have fruit:

r89x5Qj.jpg

rx7Rn1h.jpg

They have been in fabric pots since they went outside, my (limited) understanding is this makes over watering difficult. The drip irrigation is new but these problems have existed for quite a while given the size difference between the healthier ones and the stunted. The majority of my grow was wilting if I missed a single day of manual watering so I have this setup for 30 mins on nearly closed emitters once a day with plans to fine tune more/less on a per plant basis. So far I haven't seen any dramatic changes on any of them with the drip irrigation so I think I'm in the ballpark of OK watering level.

For nutrients I've been doing one gallon of 18-18-21 (mixed at recommended concentration) spread across the ~20 plants I have going. Applied every 2 weeks or so.

My basic question:

1) Is this contagious? Am I risking my healthier plants by continuing to have these around?
2) Is it fixable?
3) Could my 'healthy' one be better, and if so what do I need to do?

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

I soaked everything down in 3% hydrogen peroxide diluted 9:1 with distilled water and have pyrethrin on the way as well. May as well cover both.

Thanks for the quick responses, I'll update when I have results.

Back