• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Whats wrong with my tomatos!

I have truble with alot of my tomato plants.

Some are healty and some just look like this

201004292365.jpg

And after a few days they die.

I wuld not think its to much fertz or to little.

And the sun shold be enuf, my chilis are healty and no sign at all of getting to less sun.

Culd it be bad seeds cusing this? as it seems to happend on ALOT of my tomatos like 20 plants out of 50. And they are in diff rooms and get diff fertz etc.

Culd it be a virus? Bad dirt?

Gladly for all tips you guys can come up with!

Yep, they look bad. Did you use perlite or vermiculite in with the dirt? Or better yet, what exactly did you use? One cause could be the roots are in compacted soil and cannot absorb moisture or nuits.

Mike

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I dident use anything at all in the dirt. Mybe thats the reson? I never use anything and never had this issu before mybe this sort of tomato is needing it (normaly i grow another var).
I just use normal dirt from the store ;)

Normal dirt yeah, no fancy stuff mybe get 40L x 4 for 10 euros so pretty cheap but never had problems with it before. So its kinda odd in a way but its prolly that

Is it new soil or are you as cheap as me and reuse last years soil?
My tomatoes look like that, after I transplant outside for the first time and forget to cover them from direct sunlight.
What type of water are you using and could the PH levels have changed (I am thinking that Icelandic volcano fallout) or could you be over watering(that will wilt tomatoes)?
Mist it with epsom salts to see if there is some revival, then experiment with small amounts of nutrients.

That type of soil is terrible in containers. It gets really compacted and the roots grow no where. For containers you really should have a soilless mix or mix a bunch of peat or coco or perlite in with what you have.

I mix up my own. It includes very silty dirt that holds no moisture and does not compact, compost and used potting mix. It works great if I bury the containers but if I set them on the floor, I have problems. Need more potting mix and less dirt.

YMMV,

Mike

Culd be the sun! i was thinking it was the sun. Its no reuse soild i alwas buy new. I culd mix it up a bit for next time, but if it was to compact i think i wuld see the same on the chilis and the rest of all plants. But who knows, but when i think of it.... MY Trinidad scorpion had same signs 2 weeks ago! And i took it to the room where i run a HPS and 5h later it was normal! but i tested this with the tomatos but dident work mybe it was to late!

Good tips! Love this site :) Such helpfull guys and girls

Are your plants indoors or outdoors? If outdoors, were they hardened off or just exposed to all the elements? If indoors are they just getting window light or other supplemental lighting?

Its indoor, and they just get light from the windows. But i got like 25 chili plants in windows and they are doing good and even set alot of fruits. So i dont think they get to less light.
Culd be to strong light, but wuldent that show up as sunburn as it does on the chili plants?

Looks like heat stress to me. Set them out of the window a day or two and give them a bottom water drink for a few minutes if they're dry.

Back