• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Whats wrong with this picture? Black spots

My large Serrano pepper is having a issue. Its one of my indoor plants and its 4th year. It flowered up like crazy few weeks ago, and started to set pods like crazy short after. Its peppers all over. But majority of them have some black spots, more or less.... Like this pod. Some grow thick and healthy, some are "dry" and thin. 

9545248639_d6d07a2197_b.jpg

looks like too much water to me

if you can get your watering under control it might help some

im have the same problem but its mostly because its been raining to often and nights are cooler, the water sits on the leaves too long without evaporating or being taken up by the plant

thanks your friend Joe

Just discovered some of those spots on my red hab ( it is still a little green pod ).  I have had a lot of rain lately as it was forming. We will see if the issue works itself out when everything is dry again.

NorwegianChili said:
no, they been  in dry soil for 1.5 week! I gave them some water just now cause im leaving for Greece 
sorry you got me on this one my friend, i hope someone can help

thanks your friend Joe

Looks like a case of Chlorosis, can be caused by several factors.
  • a specific mineral deficiency in the soil, such as iron or magnesium
  • deficient nitrogen and/or proteins
  • a soil ph at which minerals become unavailable for absorption by the roots
  • poor drainage (waterlogged roots)
  • damaged and/or compacted roots
  • pesticides and particularly herbicides may cause chlorosis, both to target weeds and occasionally to the crop being treated.
  • exposure to sulphur dioxide
  • ozone injury to sensitive plants
But hey, I'm not an expert and this is my personal opinion.

Back