• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking What's your best on the smoker?

texas blues said:
Odd ain't it? Pippy hasn't posted here. :whistle:

Salute', TB.

I have voted but not from cooking experience but from the final product...:lol:

I will be able to join in after using my UDS a few times....but only if it's made it past being an IDS???

moyboy said:
I have voted but not from cooking experience but from the final product...:lol:

I will be able to join in after using my UDS a few times....but only if it's made it past being an IDS???

That does not compute Will Robinson. 'Splain me Lucy.

Salute! TB.

There are so many different things I put on the smoker.....Brisket, ribs, pork, beef roasts, whole chickens, veggies, peppers......so many things!!!!!!

My ultimate favorite on the smoker is definitely ribs. I just love them. However, I do smoke more often chicken, as it's much faster, easier available and even cheaper. With a nice rub, some nice cherry wood, some basting sauce and good home made BBQ sauce chicken can be just fantastic.

Sterno

I got to fire up the UDS this weekend, did pork back ribs, baked beans, jalapeno poppers and moinks. It was an awesome meal. The ribs fell off the bone, the beans were fantastic. I just opened 4 cans of Molasses style baked beans, put them in a pie plate and placed it on the smoker for about an hour and a half. Amazing.

I carry trophies for both my brisket and my pork spare ribs. I do a pineapple habenero glaze on my ribs. My chicken program stinks.

Mjdtexan said:
I carry trophies for both my brisket and my pork spare ribs. I do a pineapple habenero glaze on my ribs. My chicken program stinks.

Scott Roberts said:
I'm able to do decent spare ribs and pork shoulder/butt. I'm hit and miss with chicken.

Feel free to post pics of everythang ya'll mentioned. Especially the brisket!!

I do love a good tender brisket, but it's never as good as ribs...if you're me.

There is no state on earth that I would assume that I am the same as everyone else in that state....sounds like communism.....scary..

Have you seen my snake skin jacket?

It is a symbol of my individuality...and my belief in personal freedom....

texas blues said:
Feel free to post pics of everythang ya'll mentioned. Especially the brisket!!
Here are a couple of rib pictures. I cant find any brisket pictures yet

closeribs.jpg

ribs.jpg

chuk hell said:
Brisket and Pork Butt ( pulled pork).

Love me some ribs, chicken and sausage on there too!

I have to agree im a sucker for ANYTHING on the BBQ but its hard to beat a good pulled pork sandwich. :drooling:

Butt or Ribs, Ribs or Butt.

This day Ribs won the toss.

P1010012-1.jpg

P1010014-1.jpg

P1010013-1.jpg

Back