• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What's your funniest hot sauce story?

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Is it silly funny? Or was it a dare? Did you trick a friend? Let us know!

I'll start this show.

Around 1993, my husband's younger brother was staying with us over the summer. He was in college in South Carolina and stayed with us a couple summers in western Washington State. That was the time the salsa was being developed. I'd make up a sample and say "Rob, try this and tell me what you think." sometimes it was mild, sometimes not.....

After he'd gotten burned....literally... a few times, he was cautious about trying one of my samples. I said to him, "Rob, try this recipe. It's not that hot....TRUST ME!!!!"

And of course it was hotter than shite.

I think his response was ....." Oh Fack! Fack you, Ann!" Or similar.....

This is the same younger bro that didn't know how to work a mouse trap.

Down in the basement, I was setting the traditional bale mouse trap with Rob watching. I showed him where to put the bait and how to set the spring. Rob said something like...."Oh, so the mouse steps on THIS thing...."and he put his finger on the trip plate....SNAP!!!!.....

visualize a cartoon of the cat flipping their paw up and down to dislodge the mouse trap on their toe and that was Rob....

in real life... ROFLMAO in real life!!!!

Here is a phoane message from the early stages of Pure Evil development.

Anyone who has sold retail/markets will have tons of stories.

Here's one from the early salsa days....

Around 1995, I was selling salsa at the Mount Vernon, WA farmers market. It was a small courtyard market with about 8 vendors. Again, early in the salsa venture....

For some reason, i had to leave the market for a couple hours and SalsaDude agreed to watch the table.

Young grungy dude comes to the table. At this time sampling was different, make sure the product was cold, customers took a chip and dipped it in. Also note that my salsa has large chunks of tomato, onion, and green peppers.

He took a taste of mild.
He took a taste of medium.
He took a taste of hot.
He took a taste of scorcher.

And then he said....."I don't like onions."

To which my hubby replied...."well then, don't f**king eat it!"

True Story.

Not hot sauce, but…

I was at a picnic at a buddy’s house a few Summers ago, and we talked my buddy’s brother into eating about 1/4 of a fresh Reaper pod. 15 minutes later, the dude is writhing on the ground, salivating, teary eyed, etc. The whole nine. So, my buddy cuts a 7 Pot Douglah pod in half, hands it to him and says, “Here, dude! Eat this! It’s a “neutralizer” pepper!” So, the idiot does it, lol. As you can probably imagine, it didn’t turn out like he would’ve hoped 😎 :rofl:

Good times! 🍻

Last edited:
Not hot sauce, but pepper powder. Couple of years ago, I gave my brother a few peppers, Habs, Bonnets, Cayennes and Bishop Crowns. He dried and then ground them up. He didn’t have an empty shaker bottle so he put the powder in a 3/4 empty parm cheese shaker. Y’all know,the kind everybody has in the fridge. He assumed since the color of the contents, in the parm cheese bottle was now red, that people would know it’s not straight parm cheese.
Brother was having his SIL family over for dinner one night and the “not “ parm cheese bottle made it on the table. His SIL put a healthy shake of “not “parm cheese on her food and then my brother caught holy hell for not taking the green label off the parm cheese bottle. Brothers reply was “ when have you ever seen red parm cheese”.

I once made a hot sauce using Ahi pineapple peppers and honey dew mellon. I poured it over vannela ice cream annd my family thought I was nuts. DAMN it was tastey!!

Back